LaptopVideo2Go Forums

video memory manager fatal error when exiting Mu Online

Guest ruined

Guest ruined

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem playing Mu Online (it's an MMORPG game) with my ACER Aspire 5920G-812G. My system specification is:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 512mb dedcated memory (driver version: 175.16)

The problems I've encountered are: whenever I exit Mu Online I always get a bluescreen saying "video memory manager fatal error"...windows shutdown and then restart with my display still in the resolution of the game which is 800*600 while my native resolution is 1280*800.

Another problem is when I leave this game running, after sometime my screen turns-off (only the screen, not the cpu, to save power) it exits the game.

I hope somebody can help me!

Thanks!

Do you get BSoDs at any other time, or just when playing this game? Have you used any driver versions in the past which did not have this problem?

Guest ruined

hi michael, first of all thanks for taking time to read!

i only get BSOD when playing this game..particularly when exiting. what I mean is I can play the game just fine..but when I logout, I get BSOD.

Have you tried other driver versions like 177.xx?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ruined

yup..i've tried..but i get same results...the only work-around i could use is running my game in window mode..now i can log-in and log-out just fine..although some times i get low fps for a few minutes.

i've got a new problem though, I noticed that after playing this game for 3-4hrs, my virtual memory got all used up until i get an error saying "running low in memory". i googled for it and found that an update for windows vista is available(kb940105).. but the thing is, i couldn't install the update, it always say that "the update does not apply to my system". Now, I searched my PC if the update is already installed, but it's not.

hope you or someone could help me sort this out!

• 3 weeks later...