LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Uniwill X72IA6 with x1600 upgradeable to 8600M GT?

Guest Daniel

Guest Daniel

Hi there

Did a little bit of reading about in the forum, and a few things confuse me.

Asus vs. Acer bios? Does the Acer bios work with the most laptops?

Is it even possible to upgrade from Ati -> Nvidia?

I previously tried the x1800 upgrade, but it didnt work, screen got all jittery and it wouldnt recognise the x1800 driver. Luckily mxm-upgrade took the card return :)

Now, that ebay 8600M GT isnt looking too shabby, but what ods do you give me for succeding? Just got my laptop back from repairs for the third time with a broken x1600. And warranty is almost out, so it is either try this or buy a new 9600M GT laptop, which i prolly cant afford.

Thanks oh wise ppl ^__^

Hard to say but some Uniwill made OEM laptops have been able to use either ATI or NVidia cards, so the vendor has ordered/created a Bios that supports several different cards. But the info is not so easy to find.

congratz! :)

Gaming performance what you expected?

I was wondering whether to buy that 8600 too. I have Amilo 1667 which is actually Uniwill P50CA model so I guess it will work with the Acer one too.

Can anyone confirm that?