LaptopVideo2Go Forums

crysis max detail with 8400m gs

cyclone93

i use 169.09 drivers :thumbsup:

i can play crysis with everything on high except for object detail which is set to low at a res of 800x600 XD :( :P :)

my laptop specs are on the side <---------- :thumbsup: :) :rofl: :P

i can play crysis with everything on high except for object detail which is set to low at a res of 800x600 XD :( :P :)

yeh read it and weap...

jokin

Is the game running at 800x600? Or is this just some detail setting?

yeh 800x600, everything high except objects detail

Guest Anonymous

You should stop smoking your breakfast

no its true ill put up a video on youtube to prove it, it was the driver that made it faster

Guest Guest

What are the Nvidia settings set to? Anisotropic Filtering, Antialiasing, Triple Buffering, Threaded opt, Texture Filtering, Mimaps, Cause these ARE GRAPHICS SETTINGS, if they arnt set to there highest setting than technicaly you arnt running Crysis on "all high"

my laptop specs are on the side <---------- :thumbsup: :) :rofl:

congratz!!1 :P

800x600 seems like a very low resolution, to me. I would rather play with a larger resolution but lower detail.

i play 800x600 on a 17" laptop so there isnt a lot of rough edges that are very clear. also the graphics settings are at default, i havent tweaked them at all. i just changed the in game settings. i havent overclocked so i would say the 8400m gs is exceptional at this stage. also changing resolution from 800x600 to 1078x760 causes a big loss in fram rates so i prefer performance aswell.

when i play everything on low i get a max fps of 59 fps. :)

ill post a video on youtube when i get the time, i already recorded some of it on my camcorder but im not sure how to put it on, btw my youtube name is cycl0ne93

Edited by cyclone93

It just seems like the video would be incredibly fuzzy and unclear.

It just seems like the video would be incredibly fuzzy and unclear.

not really , download the demo and try it

I did download the demo. With an overclock of 600/450 on my 8600m GT, I can play everything at low (with a few Mediums) on 1280x800. I get 30+ frames per second. Is it just my imagination or is the 32-bit version faster than the 64-bit version?

I did download the demo. With an overclock of 600/450 on my 8600m GT, I can play everything at low (with a few Mediums) on 1280x800. I get 30+ frames per second. Is it just my imagination or is the 32-bit version faster than the 64-bit version?

im not sure, i thin k it should offer a few more frames per second. ive never tried it when i installed windows xp 64bit coz i couldnt be bothered :) . i dont think there is much difference between 32bit and 64bit anyway 64bit is highly incompatible with lots of drivers so i recommend you keep 32bit and just download better drivers or overclock, i think you should play at 800x600 or 1024x768 then you can put in high detail with a playable framerate. as for overclocking, could you tell me what driver version you have and how you overclock plz coz i have no idea how to overclock

anyway 64bit is highly incompatible with lots of drivers so i recommend you keep 32bit

Three words: Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. 64-bit works just fine if you have drivers for the hardware. On my Vostro 1500, 64-bit works just as well, if not better, than 32-bit. And yes, I have been using it for quite a while. And, also yes, I can run the 32-bit version of Crysis on 64-bit Windows. Additionally, I figured out what was causing the apparent speed drop when using 64-bit. It stems from the fact that I use Vsync, but I can only enable Triple-buffering for 32-bit applications. 64-bit Crysis always runs at 30fps, when it really could run in the 40-50 range if triple-buffering was on. For a more detailed explanation, just read about how triple buffering works. As for overclocking, I use driver 177.41. To overclock, just use something like RivaTuner or ATITool (yes, works for Nvidia too). If you read online, you can find a few good resources on where to start with the clocks for your actual card. Good luck!

well i had trouble searching for drivers for my windows xp 64bit and hp provides 64it driver that dont work :) thats why i stay clear of 64bit

i was also able to crysis at high settings except for aa @800x600..i also tried very high setting hack which also worked fine,offcourse at no aa!!and i had also overclocked my 8600gt to 670/900/1500

Edited by Pranav

i just leanred how to overclock in the weekends, now i have upgraded to windows vista ultimate so i think my fps will lower a bit. :)

It will. If you desire to improve it to near-XP levels, you can disable DX10 mode. I am not sure how to do that, though.

thats easy, right click crysis and select run in dx9-mode ...duh.... XD

Sorry! Not a Vista user here.

its ok i dont blame you, nywayz any1 have 8400m gs and runs crysis that wants to share with us?

its ok i dont blame you, nywayz any1 have 8400m gs and runs crysis that wants to share with us?

I used to run an 8400M GS;

was running medium at 800x600 with 25FPS.

useless cards IMO.

prefer my current 8600M GT which allows me to run it medium at 1680x1050 with a respectable 35FPS.

(btw, wheres the video you said you would post? :\ )

I used to run an 8400M GS;

was running medium at 800x600 with 25FPS.

useless cards IMO.

prefer my current 8600M GT which allows me to run it medium at 1680x1050 with a respectable 35FPS.

(btw, wheres the video you said you would post? :\ )

ahh yes about that video, i recorded it on my camcorder (it uses mini-dvds) and put it in my laptop, i can watch it on my laptop and tried to upload it on youtubebut it said incorrect format so i deleted it. i have a video of me playing on high with low objects and medium shaders if your interested in that. but i dont know how to upload it and hypercam and fraps slows it down. and i want to show it at max fps

congratz on your new card, i didnt know nothing about graphics cards when i bought my lappy

Edited by cyclone93

ahh yes about that video, i recorded it on my camcorder (it uses mini-dvds) and put it in my laptop, i can watch it on my laptop and tried to upload it on youtubebut it said incorrect format so i deleted it. i have a video of me playing on high with low objects and medium shaders if your interested in that. but i dont know how to upload it and hypercam and fraps slows it down. and i want to show it at max fps

congratz on your new card, i didnt know nothing about graphics cards when i bought my lappy

Take the video with the camera, then save file onto laptop, then upload to somewhere like

Rapidshare.

Done!

we can all watch the video (providing we all have something half decent like VLC), and you don't have to worry about youtube :)