LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer Aspire 4520

TheZorch

Hello, I have an Acer Aspire 4520 running Windows Vista Home Premium, an AMD Athlon 64x2 1.8GHz CPU and Nvidia Geforce 7000M/nForce 610M mobile video. Will the latest drivers and .INF from LaptopVideo2Go.com help me out?

Acer's Nvidia drivers are ancient, and Nvidia doesn't offer drivers for this model video adapter.

yeah for sure. although your card is entry level, so don't expect a massive amount of difference.

try 174.74 or 175.80

(in the comminuty forum)

Are you going to overclock or do you want the best performance without overclocking? I have the same card as you and I found the 174.74 drivers better than the 175.80. Have not as yet tested the 177.41 but I will get to it soon. Hope this helps.

Edited by Andrew55

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will try these drivers. I don't think I'll plan to overclock right now. I just want some of my games to run better.

I play Final Fantasy XI for the PC and when I'm in full-screen the game will crash in certain game areas or randomly for no reason. I runs better in Window mode, which is how I have to play it with Vista's desktop composting turned off. The modules that keeps showing up as the the one at fault is an Nvidia module; nv3ddun.dll or something like that. Acer's drivers are ancient.

I can't play Bioshock with this video card, at least not at all well, but I can play Half-Life 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, Warcraft III, Guild Wars, and many others without any problems. Of course, I need to use a CPU Affinity tool for the older Unreal Engine games because they were designed for multiprocessor machines not multicore machines, there is a fundamental difference. Multiprocessor systems run both processors at the same speed all the time, but multicore systems throttle the speeds of the different cores and older games like Unreal and Freespace 2 can't handle that.