LaptopVideo2Go Forums

geforce go 7400 64mb

lofi

hi . please help me get the most out of this card geforce go 7400 64mb . i am running vista premium . any suggestions or tips that are safe would be great . thanks . im running forceware version 169.09 . thanks

Edited by lofi

u upgraded to vista? did you check compatibility? ur driver is good for gaming so i would stay put

thanks for replying cyclone93 . vista came pre loaded . i changed to 169.09 as sbk08 wouldnt run on the drivers i get from vaio update . i will stick with these drivers as they work great on my little gfx card lol . just would like to know if theres much i can do to improve performance?

gaming performance or windows aero performance?

well, yes you can experiment with different drivers, i wouldnt overclock though because it could reduce your graphics card life expectancy, you can also delete some unused stuff and do disk cleanup or disk defrag they are all helpful,

i do that kinda stuff on a regular basis . was hoping overclocking would be an option . but you say not to . so i wont . just one last question i notice in nvidia control panel . you can change 3d settings to diif types of games . is there one game setting there i can set to . to give a good quality game play

i do that kinda stuff on a regular basis . was hoping overclocking would be an option . but you say not to . so i wont . just one last question i notice in nvidia control panel . you can change 3d settings to diif types of games . is there one game setting there i can set to . to give a good quality game play

you could set your own personal preference emphasising performance but i used it and havent seen much difference, you can have a go if you want, and if you want to overclock i suggest you download ATiTool and check your max core and memory clocks

:)

np, im here to help, also i wanna get loads of posts lol XD

Guest serz

Hi, cyclone93.. It is not my topic, but I want to ask you... I have GeForce 8400M GS, and is it possible to overclock it? I tried but nothing happend...

Hi, cyclone93.. It is not my topic, but I want to ask you... I have GeForce 8400M GS, and is it possible to overclock it? I tried but nothing happend...

what driver do you have? some drivers do not allow overclocking. 169.04 allows overclocking so you should try that.

Guest serz

First i tried official drivers from HP website, I do not say they a bad but yesterday I tried 169.09 and there is a different.. In my opinion 169.09 is much better, in COD 4 I could see the different.. Now I have 169.09 drivers but I could not overclock it. To tell the truth I do not know overcklock or don't my 8400M GS. And how do you think, now i HAVE 2 GB of RAM, should I upgrade to 4 for better performance or it will be waste of money?

Thanks for you answers...

Some drivers will work for overclocking with some people while others will not. I have said this before and I will say it again: Experimentation is key! There is a 99 percent chance that you are just looking in the wrong places but the right drivers are only waiting to be discovered. About the 2-4GB uppgrade, it's not going to help that much and it would just be a waste of money.

have you got windows vista? vista only supports up to 3.5gb ram so 500mb will be going to waste. also to overclock, download atitool and rivatuner both are overclocking programs. use atitool first to check your max core and memory clock speeds and keep an eye on your temperature. then use rivatuner (version 2.09) and click on the cross next to the FORCE WARE DETECTED slot and click on system settings and check enable driver level overclocking and move the dial 10 mhz at a time, dont do it too much or ur lappy might crash, after u have changed clocks, test them to make sure it doesnt cause errors. i suggest u do this only when you play ur games since it can reduce the lifespan of your graphics card. and if you overclock too much too often can lead to your lappy overheating or breaking.

:) good luck i have 2 gb ram also but that is significant to, depends whatkinds of games you play, if u play crysis i recommend u get an extra 1 gb ram

Regardless of RAM, go7400 will cry when Crysis is thrust upon it!

that maybe so but my 8400m gs pwns when i set everything to high and objects detail to low i get max of 8 fps!! WOOT

i remind u, this is 8400M GS RUNNING HIGH!! WOOT WOOT

8400m is more powerful and will handle games much better than its predecessor. However,overclocking should ensure that a reasonable gaming experience is achieved.

yeah thats what i did now i can play crysis on medium at 800x600 with about 25 fps woot woot!

That's definitely good for the 8400m! But the 7400m has only 64mb internal and will suffer accordingly.

doesnt it have turbocache?

Yes, but turbocache isn't the same as dedicated memory. It certainly isn't as fast.

but it should help shouldnt it? omg ur internet is well fast, lol im using the intranet at my dad's workplace (im on work experience woot woot testing sky hd boxes for production woot, paid to watch tv woot)

I know :) It does help but 700MB shared memory is not even as good as 256MB internal.

i can have a max of 880 mb memory shared but i have 128mb dedicated so what dedicated memory can my gpu have altogether?