LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Corrupt File Problem

Xenoun

Hi, a fair while ago when i was trying to get bioshock to work i downloaded a driver from this site and it worked perfectly fine, no problems i have an Asus G1, Nvidia Geforce Go 7700 so there isnt drivers anywhere else that work for my card

however atm im trying to get age of conan to work, get black screen etc so i need a new driver, but every driver i download and try to extract i get a bunch of files saying they're 'broken', tried using win rar to extract and it just said the same files are corrupt. Now i know that the downloads cant be corrupt cos they work fine for everyone else so the problem has to be on my end, can anyone help me?

i typically use a wireless connection for the internet, but i've also tried plugging my laptop straight into the modem and still get a corrupt download so the wireless doesnt seem to be the problem

What driver is that on that you can't run AoC but you can Bioshock?

I can't remember which one, but i got the black screen. Atm i have an extremely out dated driver on here from the asus disc that came with my comp because i tried to use once of the corrupted drivers, only had 8 files broken but it completely stuffed it up so i had to load the old one on

not sure if this one would run bioshock, had to uninstall it for space for AoC (needs about 30 gig) but both my current driver and the one i had previously cant run AoC

long story short, i need an updated one. Only solution i can think of is to use my brothers internet to see if his will download it without corrupting but he's waiting for it to be activated so im still trying to find another way in the meantime

I don't think there is any problem with the server so you should be able to download all drivers w/o those problems. Anyway, I suggest you try downloading some more drivers to see if you still get the problem.

make sure when you are downloading the file nothing else is being downloaded... seems that the files in questions are being cut short by your connection (thinking they are finished when bandwith gets too low)

this has happened to me before, the laptop went into auto screensaver mode so the download stopped, then when i turned it back on and resumed it just automatically went to fully downloaded, even though i was only halfway, when i clicked on it it said the file cannot be opened and to try downloading it again. i h8 it when you cant resume download

X(

I've tried downloading about 8 different drivers, all with no success. and that was with just the download open and internet explorer, can try closing IE but doubt it will make much differnce. Apparantly my net completely died last night anyway, since i've fixed it now hopefully it'll work, fingers crossed

nope, still corrupt. The extraction got to 90% then came up with 106 corrupted files *sigh* i'll keep searching to see if there's one driver that'll download properly for me but i seriously doubt it

IDK if this will work but have you tried another browser?

I've checked the file size after it's been downloaded and its correct. So my computer thinks that everything has been downloaded but the extraction comes up with broken files. I can try it with another browser, but right now i've completely disconnected my router and just have my laptop plugged into my modem so im hoping this might be more successful, if not ill try using a different browser.

also i dont have vista service pack 1 yet, would that cause any problems? i don't think so, but every time i try to download it, it fails...will try the download from the microsoft site if it annoys me enough

yep, that did the trick. downloaded and extracted with no broken files. Installed fine now i just hope it works properly after i reset.

thanks for your help anyways, looks like my router just doesn't like me

Good to see it working. :) Anyway, I hope you improve relations with your router in the near future!

or you could just throw it in bin and buy one of those honking MiMO routers