LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem after upgrade Alienware 5500i-R3

Guest Polofons

Guest Polofons

Hello i have a problem after upgrade my Grafikcard from 7600mgs to 8600mgt windows starts corect i have install new drivers this are corect install my System iss Alienware 5500i-R3 with new bios 3.07w.

In the device manager Grafikcard 8600mgt is indicated recognised, however, following error.

For this device enough resources are not available. (Code 12) If you would like to use this device, you must deactivate another device with connection with the computer.

Place: PCI slot 6, PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0

this is the same place with the old card 7600mgs

Windows work in VGA Safe mode at 800x600 4bit color deep change it is not possible

I have test it other drivers error all the same

Card is the 8600mgt with Acer Bios from Ebay seller

I do not point now any more further everything has tried what has occurred to me visomebody can help me? Sorry for my bad english

Thanks Andreas

hmm, i dont think your laptop was made to supply enough power to the 8600m gt, it might not have enough power thats why so it wants to divert power to it. your 7600m gs isnt that bad though check

www.notebookcheck.net for details on graphics cards

Check power requirements for your card and overvoltage to suit. Although that might sound like a bad idea, it's the only one I have right now

hey andrew you're finally talking again woot XD

Hello the notebook has enough Power for this card connection has a MXM 3 slot and this is down compatibly.8600mgt has MXM 2 Slot other yousers has change to Ati x1800 and x1900 this cards are more Powerfull.

Thanks for Help

no problemo m8y

Thank you for the answers am open for everything. :)

cool m8y

Guest Maico

maybe windows wasn't able to remove the previous driver for the 7600mGS. try uninstalling the video drivers until you get the standard vga, and use driver sweeper before putting in the new card

then after changing the card, that's the time you install the new drivers

it might work....i think...

Hello i have uninstall the old driver befor i put in de new card this is not the problem.I have to test install new windows at other partition and the problem is the same.

I am in consider whether I the Acer bios this here is always taken sometimes flash it had to go has another number, however, whether what brings is the question. :)

have you tried a factory install?

Hello no its e Original Winxpprof no recovery Disk.I think its a hardware problem or bios problem Because of this error message.

For this device enough resources are not available. (Code 12) If you would like to use this device, you must deactivate another device with connection with the computer.

hey man what o/s are you using? Another thing, definitely try to flash the ACER BIOS to Nvidia, from what i understand that is most likely the problem. I have an alienware m5500 (an older model of your alienware m5500i r-3) and i have an 8600m gs installed without any problems at all (in fact it runs about the same temperature as my previous x700 card). I realize that the gt does have more power consumption but on your newer model there isnt a reason at all for it to not work.

Edited by TC Ozman

Hello O/S is Win Xp Prof SP2 The Vbios version is 60.84.5d.00.12 Date 09/20/07 Product G84Board p555 sku0001

and the techpower Acer Bios is G84 p407 sku0010 Version 60.84.41.00.18

The question is when i Flash this Acer Bios then start up the Notebook?most yousers work with this bios.

Or which Bios you would recommend

Edited by Polofons

Hello O/S is Win Xp Prof SP2 The Vbios version is 60.84.5d.00.12 Date 09/20/07 Product G84Board p555 sku0001

and the techpower Acer Bios is G84 p407 sku0010 Version 60.84.41.00.18

The question is when i Flash this Acer Bios then start up the Notebook?most yousers work with this bios.

Or which Bios you would recommend

I recommend using nvflash and using the nvidia BIOS. This means that your going to need a floppy drive to be able to upgrade the bios because i doubt theres an app out there that flashes it without doing it manually. the directions are pretty simple if followed correctly. Also be sure to back up the acer bios before doing it and make sure you fully understand the mechanics and differences of each type of vbios.

Heres a link to detailed and easy instructiions thanks to pcstats. http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1633

Edited by TC Ozman

Hello i have a problem with flashing new vbios of this card my vbios is this :

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/10049/A...512.070920.html

and the bios i will flash it iss this :

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/5673/NV...512.070921.html

i use nvflash 5.50 then the error message iss :

Warning:Firmware image PCI Subsystem ID (1025.0121)

does not match adapter PCI Subsystem ID (1584.2295)

Warning:Firmware imaga Board ID (8412) does not match adapter Board ID (8419)

Error: PCI subsystem ID mismatch

If somebody can help me in this problem?Original Bios i have safed.

Thanks Andreas

Edit:

Ok i have flashed the Bios sucesfull after the problem iss the same card not work.Error message is:

This device can find no sufficient free resources which can be used. If you use this device, would want they must deactivate another device on this system.

what is this f... problem i :)

Thanks for all

Edited by Polofons

Hello the notebook has enough Power for this card connection has a MXM 3 slot and this is down compatibly.8600mgt has MXM 2 Slot other yousers has change to Ati x1800 and x1900 this cards are more Powerfull.

Thanks for Help

If you upgrade your laptop to something like x1900 or x1900 you need Amilo m3438g power supply for 120w. 8600m gt consumes 29w so it does need 120w power supply

• 3 weeks later...
Ok i have flashed the Bios sucesfull after the problem iss the same card not work.Error message is:

This device can find no sufficient free resources which can be used. If you use this device, would want they must deactivate another device on this system.

what is this f... problem i :)

Thanks for all

I've just fixed this problem on my 5500i-R3 w/ a nVidia 8600M GS. I had the same (code 12) error. The problem is the 2.07W motherboard BIOS is incompatible with the card. I downloaded and the installed the 2.06W BIOS from here http://aliendl.alienware.com/Mobile/m5550/..._BIOS_2.06W.zip

The card is now properly recognized and running in full 1920x1200 resolution.

Unfortunatly the 2.07W BIOS is necessary to run 4 Gb of RAM, so I had to downgrade to 2 Gb.

Still have an issue w/ it though. The computer shuts off whenever I start up World of Warcraft. Only tried a few things to fix that (it was late last night, decided sleep was more important). So I'm still trying to figure that one out. Will report back when I find a solution.

If you upgrade your laptop to something like x1900 or x1900 you need Amilo m3438g power supply for 120w. 8600m gt consumes 29w so it does need 120w power supply

Do you happen know what the power consumption of the stock the GO 7600 card is? I've found that the 8600M GS is 20 watts, so I'm wondering if I need to upgrade my power supply to solve the shutting down issue.

Thanks

Have you modifiy the cool body?The Air is bigger between in 7600 and in 8600 because of other mounting.I hope you understand me your news are wounderfull on this idea it in new bios lies I would not have come.The irritating is I already had 8600mgt 512mb and have them with test badflashed now she does not run on mine any more.And with this Laptop iss Blinflash not possibly when iss the wrong vbios installed.My Bad

Do you happen know what the power consumption of the stock the GO 7600 card is? I've found that the 8600M GS is 20 watts, so I'm wondering if I need to upgrade my power supply to solve the shutting down issue.

Thanks

Fixed (kinda), I just need to replace my thermal pad and get some new arctic silver on the cpu. It is temp related, I swapped the pad around and flipped it over (it's torn on one corner and I had that corner over the gpu, doh!) Speedfan shows a ~20C temp drop from that alone and no more shutting down. Still a little high for my tastes but stays within range for gaming.

• 1 year later...
Guest Chris Patterson

I'm having the same problem. I am running Vista 32 bit with Bios 2.07. I upgraded from the ATI 1400 to the Nvidia 8600M GT. I also have the 5500-R3i. I just wanted to know the exact corrective actions I should take.

Thanks,

Chris

• 1 month later...
Guest Chris Patterson

So i have everything up and running, I had to sadly downgrade my bios to 2.06. I am suprised there is not an easier fix to find out how to get the 4gig of memory to work, but still get the video cards to work. Regardless, now my dvi output to run dual monitors displays my extended monitor in blue. You can see everything, but it has a blue tint that is quite strong and really annoying. Is this a driver issue? What should I attempt at this point?