LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Question about modding award-pheonix system bios!?!?!?

f3bandit

Ok currently I have and acer aspire 5520-5716, it uses a pheonix bios v1.33. and I have opened my bios in pheonix bios editor pro. and located the what I need to mod like the cpu thermal thottling, fan speeds, spread spectrum, etc. I cannot enable these in P-B-E-P. they are set to read only. What I need to happen and this might sound dumb, but I need a utility that I can back my system bios into a BIN file that I can then load into MODBIN6 to enable the features I need to change. Or a utility that will properly convert *.WPH files to *.BIN files and Back again! Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

this is needed despritley, and if it's not to much trouble for anyone that responds to this,

to respond back to me at my email address! thx!!! :)

f3bandit@gmail.com

Hi idk if this is the right place for this I have modded bios splash screens and systme messages on my bios's before in the past.

I have been looking to enable any hidden setup screens in my bios for my laptop if possible. I can see alot is available in pheonix bios editor pro.

I know MODBIN6 might do the trick. But pheonix bios's are in either *.rom or *.wph

I haven't found a way as of yet to dump my rom image to a *.bin file!?!?

Any help would be great! :)

System Info

Acer Aspire 5520-5716

MotherBoard - "Fuquene"

Bios Ver - 1.33

Bios Type - Pheonix

Bios D/L - ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/noteboo...Bios/v1.33.zip