LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Please help -- Fifa 08 really laggy on Dell XPS M1530

Guest spidey

Guest spidey

Hi,

I got my dell xps 1530, specs are something like this.. Processor 2.0 GHz, 3GB DDR2, 256MB Nvidia 8600M GT. I have a problem playing fifa 08. The main thing is, it is getting laggy in between.

I tried many drivers in the website including 169.09..(I haven't tried versions higher than 174.31) but none of them give better performance than the current driver which is 174.31 (dell driver). A friend of mine having same config with is getting good fps while playing fifa 08 with driver 169.09. Can anyone suggest a better driver for my config?

It was lagging when i first started playing it with the 174.31 driver, But then i changed the page file settings to recommended values = 4603 MB. Then the performance improved. But still it lags in between. Can someone help me out with the settings, I have tried with AA off, AF off and all..but nothing seems to work fine.. :) Please help me in tweaking :)

Thanks in Advance..

It's a vista problem that to my knowledge everybody has. The game is playable on only the lowest settings with even the best gpu's. We'll just have to wait, I guess. I have my copy of Fifa 08 since its release and I cannot play it. Terrible.

Guest spidey

That seems to be a sad situation.. :)

Have you tried the latest drivers 177 series..

I need to try out 175.97 (Dell recommended) and the higher drivers. Any other tweaks to be done? please tell, as i m newb in this section.. :)

I have tried up to the 177.41 drivers to no avail. There's nothing we can do but wait, i'm afraid.

i had a very similar problem. for me it slowed down, sped up,slowed down..etc. i looked into it and discovered that it is due to the power save feature of my cpu. in wich it switches from 1.6ghz to 800mhz constanly,while playing fifa, causing the slow and normal speeds of the game.

i gave up on fifa, never fixed it, i think the powersave can be changed in the bios but dont take my word fo it.

I highly doubt it is the cpu. Most systems should be able to max it out on your system and still have no problems (remember it works on xp). It isn't a cpu downclocking problem from what i gather.

It's a dell driver. So unless you have a dell laptop it will give you a different driver. That link was specific to someone else's problem. Try this instead:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=19274

Well then it will work but you will have to install the driverhq program to detect first.

Guest spidey

Downloading the drivers now..from dell website.. keeping fingers crossed... :) have been trying almost all the drivers... nothing works.. :) i really wanted to play fifa properly on this new lappy.. :P

Okay, be sure to tell us the results.

Guest spidey

Sorry for the delayed reply ...had some probs with inet last few days.. :) The driver is working fine.. :) If i reduce settings then it frames a bit.. with 2x antialiasing and ingame resolution 1024 x 768 its working ok.. :P didnt get time to test other configs.. :P

Guest spidey

I have a doubt regarding in game resolutions, does it really matter what display resolution we keep @ desktop? game takes some time to adjust the resolution or something it seems.. when i run the game, a black screen comes, it goes to desktop, opens again, then runs fine.. my desktop resokution is 1280×1080. Now i use ingame resol as 1024 x 768.