LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v177.72 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

tnx Phanatic 4 your tests! Could you please post temps tests too ?

I wont update my previous results with temps, its not THAT fun to do it all over again, but i take your question and will post temps further on when i bench new drivers :)

cheers!

Edited by Phanatic

Hello.

Well, I am very newbie at graphic driver mods, I came here to this forum following a link saying that NVIDIA releases drivers faster than HP make them available and well... here I am.

I have a hp dv6855eg and a GeForce 8400M GS installed, and I would like to ask anyone if that driver support my graphic card. I heard that all drivers are generic but I want to make myself sure about it. I opened the inf file and I've found my card at list, is this all?

Oh by the way, I have updated my driver once through hp website and I experienced some dual monitors incompatibility, had anyone heard about it?

Well, thanks for the attention and sorry for my dumbness.

In time: Thanks for the results Phanatic!

In time²: Oops, I am reading the quickstart guide, guess I will find my answers there... sorry for the post if its against rules.

Edited by daviromao

No Control Panel, along with that this package installs a few different entries on startup that haven't been present in previous packages, they require Run32.dll

what's nwiz that is present in my startup?

nVidia Control Panel has disappeared here as well - though it works from the unzipped driver package... O_o

Any ideas why?

The modded INF is incorrectly setup.

Just use the modded INF from 177.66 and change the version info. This method works fine for the 177.70 release, which also suffers from the missing CP.

@ net.cat: Google it

Edited by Pawel

what do u mean @net.cat? Is it a MS WHQL file? How to get it?

Thanks

@net.icat was 4 me :)

however i found it :P

i think i'll reinstall this driver using 177.66's inf as Pawel said....even if i don't use CP and it's anyway aviable double clicking nvcplui.exe :)

Does anybody know why in the hell all of the 177.xx drivers make my Age of Conan game crash after a 30 minute to an hour time of playing them? Their so fast and work so well with graphics, yet WHY DO THEY MAKE MY GAME CRASH>?!?!?! I've tried every 177.xx driver from 177.35 and up, and no 175.xx drivers compare to the speed of 177.xx.

I've disabled Powermizer with no luck.

This is causing me to get grey hair... I can't stand this!!!!

maybe the problem isn't the driver...try to clean registry or unuseful files with racommanded appz :)

Does anybody know why in the hell all of the 177.xx drivers make my Age of Conan game crash after a 30 minute to an hour time of playing them? Their so fast and work so well with graphics, yet WHY DO THEY MAKE MY GAME CRASH>?!?!?! I've tried every 177.xx driver from 177.35 and up, and no 175.xx drivers compare to the speed of 177.xx.

I've disabled Powermizer with no luck.

This is causing me to get grey hair... I can't stand this!!!!

Download the powermizer switcher

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....amp;#entry82885

After installing this driver DX10 disappeared as did Control Panel, too.

The modded INF is incorrectly setup.

Just use the modded INF from 177.66 and change the version info. This method works fine for the 177.70 release, which also suffers from the missing CP.

@ net.cat: Google it

Many thanks! That was really helpful, now I have CP again!

I know CP is mostly useless, but I like to tweak around in it when finetuning options to games...

Guest Guest1233

It doesn't work for me using the modded inf from 177.66 and i did change the version info, it said "The system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run the installation again." any idea?

For the above poster... the PowerMizer switch does NOT work. It still downclocks after a while.

same to me :)

go to http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=261929

try to switch it off manually through regedit

It may work on some laptops

But i have no luck, some time i still get downclock at PES2008 :)

with core at 475--- after a few matches it become ---- 225

Edited by alexdino

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys... i really need some help... i haven't been playing games recently.. it seems that my video card cant support any of it.. i've been updating my drivers from 17X to 16x, none of them are working.. for example i tried assassin's creed.. it says" assassin's creed stopped working"

and for hellgate london, it says running out of address space, causing in stability problem.. PLS GUYS, i really need your help.. many thanks to you all! i'm having a nvidia geforce 8400gt.