LaptopVideo2Go Forums

problem with Bioshock?

99GrandAmSE

so have had problems with drivers whenever I update them, but now bioshock is acting wierd.

randomly the game will stop responding and minimize, unable to continue. But in the quicktry on the bottom right of windows, there is a yellow triangle with an '!' that won't go away and I can't do anything with it.

Anyone know anything that might help??

I think that means that nvlddmkm has stopped responding. It happens with some drivers. Or it could be something totally different. Have you tried any other drivers?

yeah i've tried a few different ones...using 177.35 right now, but i'm gonna try and system restore to see if that helps

Andrew is totally correct. :) its the nVidia driver not responding. You will have to restart to get the driver working again. Are you overclocking? Cause thats the usual cause. (overclocking too high) try and bring down the clock 5-10 Mhz and try again until you have a stable overclock.

If you are not overclocking then try a different driver.

** 177.66 seems pretty good so far.

Edited by wook (alt)

Try going back instead of forward. Why don't you try the 163.44 (bioshock labelled drivers). They should be if not your best bet, pretty good.