LaptopVideo2Go Forums

SomeOne PLz help with the sb88 PB

pharadon

For some strange reason my laptop fan for cooling my gpu and cpu started working overtime and

now my laptop shuts down from overheating while doing nothing.. Im running at the moment at 86C-90C

degrees and nothing i do helps... :)

Im Running Vista SP1 (all the updates)

Im fully updated from the Packard Bell website.

I tried to Underclock the machine to see if that will work but low and behold rivatuner, ntune, ati tray tool and ati tool wont work

I have turned off the driver thing for vista and installed them, reinstalled them and uninstalled , i got the drivers that everyone

said that worked 177.41 reinstalled everything again and removed using driver cleaner

Im at my wits end please can anyone help

Ps this laptop is only 6 months old

Sounds like the gel is not in contact with the heat sink any more and is not coolin gthe GPU/ CPU. Ring up your laptop company and they will replace the paste/ pad and re-apply it.

you could do it yourself if its not under warantee.. not very hard.

Edited by wook (alt)

I can do but i really hoping its some strange software issue..

One thing i have noticed tho is very few PB problems like mine.. Why am i so lucky

The chance of that being driver/ software related is almost zero.

Ok so for future reference Dont buy Packard bell..

6 months and all hell breaks loose..

Yay for me

Thanks for your help guys

Packard bell isn't necessarily a bad company. Every company does have their faults. Your problem is while acknowledged due to faulty manufacturing, it happens to most if not all companies once in a while. I had a packard bell pc and it lasted a very long time with no issues. You just had some bad luck which can be remedied by just ringing them and letting them replace the paste.

its happened to me twice in two weeks. And i have a dell XPS... supposibly the best Dell as to offer. just happens : )