LaptopVideo2Go Forums

m1530 - nvidia drivers - hdmi out

caligo

Does anyone know of any drivers that work correctly with the hdmi out on the m1530? All of the newer drivers 17x.xx + don't seem to work with the hdmi out, but they perform better especially with blu-ray video.

When I try to output to my tv (sony xbr2), One of two problems:

1. The resolution will lower to 800x600 and the image will remain on the laptop rather than being output to the tv.

2. The video doesn't fit to the entire screen with the tv set to "full pixel".

The hdmi out works with the official dell drivers (which are old and don't perform well) and with 173.80 (which are unstable), so I don't think there's anything wrong with the port.

I've tried several different sets in the 17x.xx range and haven't found one yet that will output correctly from hdmi.

could be a driver issue..

try 175.97. It runs video playback very well, no screen tearing etc.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...tid=&impid=

Not sure if your are using vista or XP.. both downloads are at that link.

I have the same system as you, and have not yet found a driver that WONT display HDMI. As far as some resolutions are ocncerned it depends on your LCD or Plasma you are using.

In the Nvidia control pannel, under 'setup multipul displays' you need to slect the sony unit first, then you LG_laptop display (on the pulldown option) then you will have resolution options for your sony unit.

Failing that just restart your system attached to the HDMI/ sony unit. windows will altomatically detect the output.

Thanks for the fast response. I'm using vista 32bit.

Since those drivers are for the inspiron 1720, will they install correctly on the xps 1530 without any modification?

Ok, I somehow managed to get it working with 177.66!! This was the set I really wanted to use, it has a video option that fixes the crushed blacks in blu-ray playback with vista + powerdvd + tv.

1. I went to multi-view and set the option to clone the display (middle option). Then I applied it (the laptop resolution lowered, the image never appeared on the tv, and then the dropdown showed that only the laptop was selected) and then I closed the nvidia control panel.

2. Then I used fn-f8 to switch to both displays and the display appeared on both but with low resolution on the tv. So I went back to the nvidia control panel and looked at the resolutions. Highest was set at 1280x720. So I added 1920x1080 under custom resolutions and closed the control panel.

3. Used fn-f8 to switch to external display only and it worked perfectly! Tried disconnecting and reconnecting the tv and it all worked.

I've been messing with these options all afternoon. I'm glad this finally worked, but I have no idea why it required this exact procedure.

Thanks!

Edited by caligo

those drivers will work with any computer with an 8600GT GPU. Not sure why dell didnt release them for the XPS... i guess they are not preformance drivers. but i find them the best for video playback.

Well.. good to see you got it working. 177.66 is my pick of choice for games. i swap and change between 175.97 and 177.66 depending if i a playing games or watching a HD movie HDMI'd to my 52" plasma.

Dell is quite odd about how they release videodrivers. The official drivers for the Vostro 1500 are still 156.xx. (Thank goodness for LV2G!)

Could try 175.80 with the OEM infs. Just install with the dell one instead of Pieter's.