LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Which driver for my 8600M GT

Jagged

I am experiencing some visual lag in gaming and want to try updating my drivers. I remember dicking around with this site and its drivers once before months ago and there were many versions of the drivers. Sometimes the newest one was not the best one. I am running Windows XP Home SP2 32 bit. My card is a GeForce 8600M GT. What would be the best driver for me?

Either 177.70 or 175.95 for both your cards. I think 177.70 is the best for gaming, but others have reported tearing/jittering when viewing HD/movies.

If u use 177.70 use nvam.inf in the zip since it supports both those cards. Jagged if u use 175.95 no modded inf is needed. Gurtej if u use 175.95 just

download the modded inf right next to the download link

Hears 177.70 177.70

Hears 175.95 175.95

hope this helps :)

Hey, i have an MSI GX700 laptop with the nVidia 8600M GT graphics card installed. Im running Vista 32-bit. would the 177.70 drivers be good for me to use on vista or should i use other drivers like the 177.73 ones?

So for the 177.70 I download the modded INF? The file name is NV4_disp.inf, as opposed to nvam.inf like you said. Is that right?

Thanks btw.

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post

Inside the drive package there is a zip file called oem inf's. Inside that folder is a bunch of inf's, one of them being nvam.inf. You can use

the modded one(NV4_disp.inf), or nvam inf. Sorry for the confusion. :)

When I try to install 177.70 it says it can not find drivers compatible with my hardware.

After I got this error I tried opening up the original INF file and extracting NV4_disp.inf into the 177.70 folder. It overwrote a file in that folder. After running set up again I still got the same error.

What am I missing?

Edit: oops I get it I opened the wrong inf file. Let me try again with the correct file

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post