LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600m gs 512Mb problem

bulybacha

I have a HP Pavilion dv9880ev that has an 8600M GS with 512MB RAM as video card and i have windows vista x64 bussines. Win has all the updates done and the video driver is the one from hp's site(tried the driver from here to). The problem is that in old games like Warcraft 3 i have a little stop(under 1 second) at every 7 seconds(aproximatly) like lag even if i'm not playing on th internet, and in newer games like lost planet extreme conditions i have low fps even if all settings ar at the lowest possible and the rezolution is the lowest. What can i do to resolve the problem because it isn't normal. Before this i had a HP NX9420 that had a ati x1600 with 256MB RAM as video card and Warcraft worked fine and in Lost Planet Extreme Codition i had 20 30 fps with low medium settings. P.S.:in lost planet extreme condition on the dv9880ev i have below 19fps.

Have you tried updating your BIOS? Oftentimes, stuttering like that can be caused by an improperly coded BIOS. Another possible cause of the problem is overheating. What temperature is your graphics card running at?

my bios is up to date i have that latest bios(im refering to the computer bios not video bios because i dont now how to update video bios) and the temperatures are about 63-64 degrees celsius when idle and about 73-74 when playing.

anyone. help pls

I would not call this a solution, I would call it a nasty workaround. Service Pack 1 has a huge number of security hole fixes, and without it, your computer is just a problem waiting to happen. Maybe it is possible to try it again with SP1, except put it in compatibility mode for WinXP SP2?