LaptopVideo2Go Forums

geForce 7000m problems

Guille

Hi all, I have a Acer Aspire 5520-5142 with GeForce 7000m / nForce 610.

When I Run Vista Performance tool I get the next index:

dibujoih5.th.jpg

I saw the index point of a Sony Vaio laptop, and using the same SO I´m using in my Acer (Windows Vista Ultimate), Vaio gets 3,7 points in 3D experience... I forgot to tell that Vaio have an Intel x3100 graphics integrated.... My question is... how can be posible that Vaio gets 3,7 using a X3100 integrated and my Acer using a GeForce 7000m gets ONLY 2.5? What is the problem???? I read in a lot of forums the GeForce 7000m is better than the Intel X3100.

I´m using Lenovo/Sony NVIDIA drivers in my laptop (174.31) downloaded from this site. I really dont know why only get 2.5 points in 3D performance...

I don't use my laptop for run games, but when I Install any game for test the 3D performance (Doom 3, Resident Evil 4, for example) my experience is really a CRAP :S even in old games like Prince of Persia: the sand of time...

I tried a lot of drivers and always have the same result, 3d experience is a CRAP :S

Any solution for my problem?

PD: Sorry for my bad english :)

Sorry to day.. but to be honest your video card is pretty average. Its the entry level, 7 series video card. So... running 2D games will be ok-ish.. 3D games, just wont be playable.

The vista performance test looks at shader 2.0 and a screen fill rate test. Look at the specs of your card on Nvidia site, and you'll notice the fill rate is really low.

the only option you have is either

1) Download 177.73 & the modified inf file. That will give slightly better performance than the current driver.

or

2) Sell your laptop and buy one with a better gfx card. or if your system is MXM compatable then buy a better video card.

:)

Sorry to day.. but to be honest your video card is pretty average. Its the entry level, 7 series video card. So... running 2D games will be ok-ish.. 3D games, just wont be playable.

The vista performance test looks at shader 2.0 and a screen fill rate test. Look at the specs of your card on Nvidia site, and you'll notice the fill rate is really low.

the only option you have is either

1) Download 177.73 & the modified inf file. That will give slightly better performance than the current driver.

or

2) Sell your laptop and buy one with a better gfx card. or if your system is MXM compatable then buy a better video card.

:)

Thx for the answer wook. But I still don't know why the X3100 has s index more higher than 7000m.

I have other problem in my laptop... I Cant watch a complete movie... I tried DVDs, Divx and a lot of formats and always get the same problem, "video driver stop working" then black screen, reboot PC... always the same problem :S ... I'm really bored of all problems. Strange is when I test my laptop in windows XP I get a better result in 3D aplications, DVDs and videos in various formats work perfectly... so... maybe I go to Windows XP again.

Any other solution? I see maybe the best solution is Sell my laptop and buy a new :)

that was my solution to bad gaming and 3D performance. i UPGRADED to windows XP. vista is visually nice. performance is poor.

I recomend anyone i speak to about tech issues togo back to XP.

sorry i can't offer any easier solution

The reason the Intel x3100 has a higher score than the nV 7000m is that the Intel x3100 is more powerful. As sad as it may seem, Intel Integrated graphics are more powerful than those from a company that only makes graphics. (You just wait for Larrabee.) And I agree with wook, in some cases XP will provide much better performance than Vista, but right now I am stuck with Vista because for some reason Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 doesn't like XP x64...

im usng CS3 on XP... its only 32 bit granted... does it not like 64? i was thinking of going to 64

yeah that will be good when it comes out. although in 1-2 years, as it is expected to come out, nVidia and ATI will have much better units as well. All i can see it doing is making the price remain competative. which is always a good thing.

wonder if intel will only put their GPU's in their motherboards. interesting to see what they do there.