LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia GeForce 8200M G

James987

Hey, a buddy of mine just bought a Compaq (yeah, like the hp brand, not Compal), a CQ50. And it came shipped with the New GeForce 8200M G. It actually performs realllly well, around 30fps on Company of Heroes and 25fps on Source 2008. On Vista x32 too! Anyways, in order to run his video editing software, it requires older video drivers, however the modded inf doesnt support the 8200. All I know about it is that it is a new integrated-ish chip from nvidia, so it doesn't have much driver support yet. Is it possible to downgrade it at all? Right now it has some like, brand new 170.somthing drivers. Halp?

yeah just add the device ID and card number into the inf file.

eg

"NVIDIA_G84.DEV_0407.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT"

thats my card and the device ID.

you just find your device id etc and paste it in.

(use GPU-z to find the ID) - free download

EDIT: once you have put the details in, install the driver.

hELLO GUYS..I too own a Compaq CQ50 and I was using nforce 174.74 modded drivers..And today i saw the official driver in hp's website and i installed tht..And wht happened then is in GPUZ the core clock speed and temprature of hp supplied one is 400 MHz and 70 degree and the one for 174.74 is 250 mhz and 60 degree..What shall i do???Which one shall i use..Plz guide me

whoa whoa whoa, how did you install the 174.74? Are you on Vista? Everytime we do it, it says device not supported, even with the modded INF

I got a modded inf and with tht everything went fine..And which driver r u using james???And whtz ur core clock speed and in gouz the memory clock speed is showing as 0 mHZ ...i DUNNO WHY..u got any idea???