LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell Inspiron Half Screen

Guest MVH

I have a Dell Inspiron and all was fine until recently when I turned on the computer. The monitor is half blank with the top portion being fine but the bottom is nearly blank. It has lojnes going accross and nothing else. I can't see but 1/3 of the screen and can't even see the start button or anything else on the lower section.

Is there something that can be done or is the monitor shot?

Thanks

haven't really heard of this before...are you running sli? maybe one of your gpu's died. if you can, try disabling sli, otherwise the monitor probably is done for. :)

Im pretty sure that one of your gpu's dying can't cause that so it looks like a malfunctioning monitor. I suggest (if it's still under warranty) call dell and see if they can fix your problem. In some cases, if you're lucky, you may receive a brand new laptop.

Yeah like andrew said, SLi uses parallel GPU processing to produce one video output. i'm almost certian it doesnt power different parts of the VDU(visual display unit)

I think this is most def. a hardware issue. if its not under warantee you can replace it yourself. its pretty easy. Plus you can put in a better LCD. 1280×1080 would be a good bet. full HD display