Increasing Performance

Whitedragon551

Ok on the Vista rating scale Im getting scores of:

Processor 5.4

Memory (RAM) 5.1

Graphics 5.0

Gaming Graphics 5.3

Primary HD 5.3

My ram is 5-5-5-15 timings. Im wondering if I can increase my performance by upgrading my RAM to 4Gbs. 2 sets of dual channel RAM with timings of 4-4-4-12 and what kind of increases I will see in performance if any and if its really worth it. Ive been told my RAM isnt bottle necking the rest of my computer, but it seems to me that it may be a bit. So Im just trying to get some opinions.

4gb of ram will increase your performance, but not as much as you might expect. 2gb is good enough for all games right now so there is no real 'need' to upgrade. But if you feel you have the extra cash, then go ahead.

Are the timings on the current RAM sufficient for my system or would better timings help a noticeable amount as well?

It won't make a lot of difference but there will be a performance increase that will be noticeable.

On the Vista rating scale what do you think the increases in numbers would be?

My system came with 2 GB. Tried 4 GB and 3 GB, didn?t make any different. (that i noticed)

Obviously 4 GB utilises both channels and 3 GB doesn?t. so 4gb will get better 'speed' transfur rates when using the ram

I have Vista 32-bit tweaked as much as it can. I have disabled and edited the registry for every little performance I can get.