LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver for 8600 GT (Compal IFL90)

thewalrii

If anyone hear has a Compal IFL90 / FL90 or a Sager 2090 (same thing), their advice would be greatly appreciated. Or anyone who just has an 8600gt could be a great help as well.

This is for Windows XP 32bit.

I'd like help selecting a driver. My main priority is that it is as bug-free as possible. I would like to reduce tearing as much as possible, have videos look good, and have features such as anti-aliasing work. Also, i have had a problem with some drivers where my max FPS seems to be 50, but my display rate is at 60, so it would be nice if that was fixed. The ability to overclock is not necessary. Once those demands (which are hopefully all possible) are met, fps would then come into play as a tie-breaker of sorts, as i do play games.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks for the help.

Turns out your problem has a very simple fix. Just go to the Nvidia Control Panel, go to the PowerMizer page, and disable the option for "Use less power for the display." This is a very odd option which bumps down the LVDS refresh rate by 10hz. I don't really see how it saves an appreciable amount of power, though.

I recommend 177.79. It works quite well for me, and you can enable PhysX.

I recommend 177.79. It works quite well for me, and you can enable PhysX.

Hi, I also have Compal IFL 90 (same graphic card) currently using 177.79 drivers Windows Vista 64 Bit but I can't find powermizer on the Nvidia control panel what am I doing wrong?

Vista does not have PowerMizer on the NV CPL. There are at least two threads around here demonstrating how to disable PowerMizer in Vista, but I cannot remember exactly which ones.

Vista does not have PowerMizer on the NV CPL. There are at least two threads around here demonstrating how to disable PowerMizer in Vista, but I cannot remember exactly which ones.

ok thanks a lot you rock!

• 7 months later...