LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v177.83 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Hi

Just installed the driver + physx driver package and some tech demos like Nurien and the Liquid Tech Demo.

I uninstalled the previous driver properly in safe mode with drivercleaner.net.

I have some strange issues with physx happening.

Like in Nurien, the Framerate REALLY sucks. When one of the girls getting in the picture the framerate drops to 13-14 and the skirt, hair and dresses are not calculated properly, means its clipping through the body mesh like legs and head. sometimes its really messed up like the dress and hairs streched completely to the ground, major graphics corruption. the card itself is not overheating or something like that, i can play games like CoD4, Oblivion and Mass Effect without problems and GFX glitches.

I have a problem as well with the Liquid Techdemo as well. the framerate is really really sluggish, and it only runs in hardware mode for the very few minutes, after that it switches to software mode and gives me a much more major framerate drop. i cant enable hardware mode again, only after a reboot it works again for a couple of minutes.

I have a Dell XPS M1530 with a GeForce 8600M GT 256MB GDDR3, a T7500 Core 2 Duo and 2 GB DDR2 FSB800 RAM.

Is there something special to do? Or is it really just me?

Oh and I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 32bit.

Guest Hannes The Hun
so I just download the driver from this site and thats it?

actually, it would be very wise if you'd do some reading before installation. there's some really good FAQs and threads about installation instructions and PhysX usage available here.

Guest Hannes The Hun
I have some strange issues with physx happening.

Like in Nurien, the Framerate REALLY sucks. When one of the girls getting in the picture the framerate drops to 13-14 and the skirt, hair and dresses are not calculated properly, means its clipping through the body mesh like legs and head. sometimes its really messed up like the dress and hairs streched completely to the ground, major graphics corruption. the card itself is not overheating or something like that, i can play games like CoD4, Oblivion and Mass Effect without problems and GFX glitches.

I have a problem as well with the Liquid Techdemo as well. the framerate is really really sluggish, and it only runs in hardware mode for the very few minutes, after that it switches to software mode and gives me a much more major framerate drop. i cant enable hardware mode again, only after a reboot it works again for a couple of minutes.

I have a Dell XPS M1530 with a GeForce 8600M GT 256MB GDDR3, a T7500 Core 2 Duo and 2 GB DDR2 FSB800 RAM.

exact same issues here, same hardware (except faster CPU and more RAM) and same OS.

funny thing is, the other stuff is running like a charm, so I guess it's related to the early stage of these drivers/demos. nurien is an alpha version, and the fluid demo seems to be stressing every hardware quite alot. is the great kulu running correctly with your setup?

Guest PhYmon
actually, it would be very wise if you'd do some reading before installation. there's some really good FAQs and threads about installation instructions and PhysX usage available here.

Ok i read the FAQs and all that u told me to.. can u or anybody tell me how to get the INF for my card.. 8600M GT

Hey does anybody around here try this drivers on a 8600M GT? do they enable the GeForce Physx Engine? cuz I have a MacBook Pro and I dont know if this drivers work for it.. if anybody can answer me thx..

This driver works just fine on my MacBook Pro. It also resolves the issues with my externel display (wrong resolution) that I had using 177.73 and 177.79.

Guest Angelw1ng
Ok i read the FAQs and all that u told me to.. can u or anybody tell me how to get the INF for my card.. 8600M GT

It's very simple.

1. Download the driver (black link), and grab the modded inf (green link).

2. Run the driver application (17783), which will dump a driver installation folder named "177.83" wherever you choose.

3. Toss the modified inf (nv4_disp) into the driver installation folder. When prompted, overwrite the previous file.

4. Find the setup application in the folder and run the nVidia driver installation. The installer will flag your 8600M GT as not having passed Windows Logo Certification. Continue anyway. After you restart, you're done.

If you need further help, either ask these guys, or if it's Mac-specific, come talk to us on the Inside Mac Games forum--just don't expect to get away with the sloppy writing that you exhibited here. :)

Guest PhYmon
It's very simple.

1. Download the driver (black link), and grab the modded inf (green link).

2. Run the driver application (17783), which will dump a driver installation folder named "177.83" wherever you choose.

3. Toss the modified inf (nv4_disp) into the driver installation folder. When prompted, overwrite the previous file.

4. Find the setup application in the folder and run the nVidia driver installation. The installer will flag your 8600M GT as not having passed Windows Logo Certification. Continue anyway. After you restart, you're done.

If you need further help, either ask these guys, or if it's Mac-specific, come talk to us on the Inside Mac Games forum--just don't expect to get away with the sloppy writing that you exhibited here. :)

Hey I bet you can tell that English isn't my first language, I try my best.. but hey.. you answer me that means something isn't it? Alright I will check and see what could be the problem.. thx.

that is the same pack you are using, except the modified inf file adds support for laptops making in non-WHQL.

@PhYmon: Are you able to get to the PhysX control panel? You could enable PhysX acceleration there. Sadly, it only works for some games at the moment I believe.

Guest PhYmon
@PhYmon: Are you able to get to the PhysX control panel? You could enable PhysX acceleration there. Sadly, it only works for some games at the moment I believe.

Yep I can see the Physx control panel, but I cant switch it on the physx acceleration..

Don't know if his Macbook is supposed to work.

Anyone else having overclocking issues with these drivers? the 177.83's under Vista x64 are stable at 625 core / 925 memory / 1701 shaders but I can't even overclock by 1mhz with the XP drivers.

Guest rexasso

Hi,

I have the following issue : I have a Asus A7SN with 9600M GS and 167.49 original driver. Each time I try to install latest version of driver (177.83 for instance), the game becomes really low (approximatively 25 FPS with 167 release and 10 FPS with 177).

Anyone can help ?

• 1 month later...