LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Editing LG-E500 BIOS file for Overclocking

Guest Tim

Hello everybody :)

As everyone, i got the problem to "not" overclocing after 169 series drivers. But i need to install newer drivers for PhysX support and other in-game improvements. So the only way of doing this is to flash the overclocked BIOS.

I've dumped my original BIOS and i've also found the BIOS on LG site (They are the same version). The only problem is that, as you know, it's not only the VGA BIOS and it includes everything... It's an AMI ROM image. You can get the BIOS file at (my own upload): http://rapidshare.com/files/136844316/A163FIL1.rom

Flashing back is not a problem, AFUWIN works fine for dumping/flashing the BIOS. The only problem is editing :) So can anyone please tell me how to do it? I've done editing desktop BIOS'es (not motherboard ones) but i've never done it on mobile..

Thank you..

Guest thomas

oi Tim !! my man! :) you found a way?!? I have a p-300 and i think its a pheonix bios? how did you dump your bios, I cant seem to read from mine :)

I need this badly just as you.

Guest thomas

I have tried to extract using winrar and universal extractor, no go :)

There is a flash program to flash pheonix bioses, no problem there, but i cant get the silly Rom file :)

• 3 months later...

hI I FLASHED MY BIOS WRONG AND MY LAP TOP STOP WORKING THE SCREEN DONT SHOW ANYTHING CAN U PLZ TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO I OWN A LG E500 PLZ I NEED UR HELP HOW CAN I RECOVER THE BIOS

ADD ME ON MOSSE_WEB@HOTMAIL.COM

PLZ TIM HELP ME