LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MXM 9800m GT Type III

volkov956

Does anyone know a manufacturer or reseller that would be willing to sell a 9800M GT Type III to someone .

I already contacted sagar just waiting for they're response.

I am gonna try and install it in my M9750 MXM Type 3 and if does work then I can remove the 2 7950GTX MXM 3's and get away from SLI related problems with certain games.

let me know how if this works cause im been looking to put 8800m gtx's in mine but dont have the cash at the moment. really want dx10 so let me know if those are compatable

It's too early for that,it takes some time for these cards to reach the market.The upper number cards where just released,i never saw any 9xxxm cards for sale and i doubt you'll be able to find them right now. There are very few laptops with these new cards and even fewer those that have something better than a 9600m gt or 9500m gs. Also the new cards have a newer version of mxm,3.0 which differs from mxm 2.0 but it's very likely that they are backwards compatibile.

Sagar expects the 9800m GT's the 22nd of august

The tech docs and etc show its possible it will nicely fit the current Heatsinks and Slot

So I will retry them around the 22nd

Saw some lappies advertized with 9800m GT's in PcGo mag (German).

Some interesting information has developed:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Newsentry.153...e7144be0.0.html

MXM-3 Form factor (as opposed to MXM-4 or MXM-HE) and is supposedly faster/performs better than a 9800M GTX

So you could probably wait, or you can maybe use the ATi HD 3870 from the new Arima W840di (OCZ Whitebook, Digital Storm DM17, Maingear eX-L) and see if it works with a M9750. You'd be the first to do that, though you'll have to wait when it comes out (late august)

I think ATI will have an advantage here because they use the 55nm arhictecture and their cards usually consume less current,so we might expect something really good from them.

Guest bodycount

And what about the new Ati hd 4850/70 series? Yesterday I read an interesting article on the german www.notebookforum.de that Ati plans to launch these within the 3rd quarter 2008! It should be able to beat a 9800GTX also! So we'll see!

Yea I read some on the radeon moblity 4850 didnt see any on the 4870

I just wish buying MXM u could do from ATI or Nvidia Direct

checked with a few others but they dont sell MXM's unless ur a owner of they're laptop and looking to upgrade certain models

I will continue trying to find a company that does

Guest bodycount

MXM III Geforce 9800GTX available! Hope to any answer asap from Clevo retailers concerning this! I know companies who sell barbones with 9800gtx but unfortunately not the single VGA! Maybe I'll be luckily satisfied by MSI!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Darksurf

Does anyone know if MSI would sell an MXM card to the owner of one of their laptops? I have an MSI megabook GX710 Titanium and it has MXM II. I hear its capable of MXM III, it just made the laptop too expensive that it wouldn't sell so they didn't use it. I want to upgrade to an ATI HD 3870 MXM III, Does anyone know if somebody is selling one? I Want to stay with AMD/ATI. I'm not really an Nvidia fan.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

if anyone reaches this goal, please post Your results and the company which sells mxm-modules !

I would like to upgrade my Alienware M9750 (7950GTX-SLI) to some newer GPU like 9800GT or even two of them ;P

So please keep updating this thread ;D

• 1 month later...