LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GT and PhysX

Guest neoian

Guest neoian

Has anyone got this to work? I can run one demo fine... but if I start another one or reset the demo then it goes back into software mode. My GeForce PhysX box is checked and I am currently using ForceWare 177.79 and PhysX v8.08.01

Guest neoian

Thanks for the recommendation it works for the first scene on the particle fluid demo but the second one always runs in software mode. If I try to switch back to hardware mode it just resets the scene and runs in software mode again.

Same problem here. If you run one of the demos in the PhysX SDK, it will spit out an error message about CUDA not being able to allocate the RAM. I am glad this is not only an XP x64 issue. I am hoping it will be fixed soon! (Just to clarify, this is a driver issue, not a PhysX issue. As of 177.89, it has not been fixed.)

Yeah, I have XP x64 that I usually run games on but I just wanted to try and see if I had the same problem under 32 bit XP. I however do not get a pop up error message.

It is not a pop-up, it is text message which appears in the DOS console when you run one of the SDK demos.

Oh. Now I see it. I was running one of the other demos. The SDK demos do show the same error. Hopefully they'll fix this problem soon.