LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba M40

Wizard_of_the_coast

Hi everyone,

I have a Toshiba M40 with 6600go nvidia graphics on a mxm-2 slot. I was wondering if anyone out there has upgraded their toshiba M40's to newer mxm cards and if it is possible at all to upgrade the graphics card on this laptop.

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Guest bodycount

Well if yours is really a MXM II it should be upgradeable!

But keep in mind that there is no quarantee that all 100 %ly working cards in other systems will work as the same in your system! I had to check this out for myself! My Amilo supports x700/x1600 and geforce 7600go but no 6800/8600GT! I think it's a problem of the MXM connector and therefore it's a problem with the internal power supply! So today I got in contact with Kris/IceTea again and I ordered a x1800! If this works very well I can tell you about it!

I also read something about toshiba and sometimes they used a special kind of MXM modules! That means they supported other module measures! The very best way to find out is to open your notebook and to compare the measures of your mxm II vga with those on mxm-upgrade.com!

Yah you make a lotta sense, i think i'll try out that method and thanks for your advice..............i'll let you know my findings from this research :) .......Cheers mate. :)