LaptopVideo2Go Forums

~Acer 5920G~

Xopowiy

Hi everybody!

Was just wondering what's the mxm type of my notebook and is it possible to replace 8600GT 512 ddr2 with some better card? :)

any solution? the root of my question is a little bit high temperatures from the videocard....

btw i bought Zalman cooling pad and it helps a little bit but anyway i think that 85-87 while playing COD4 is rather high,am i right?

so it's not only qustion about how to replace video system, but specificaly "if nothing else can help,is it possible to buy new and better card in order to reduce heat"

PS has anybody tried to use thermal paste different from the original??????

PSS sorry for my not very good english :)

87C isn't really anything to worry about. Nvidia advertises your card to operate at temps of 120C although your computer will auto restart long before that. I don't have this card so I can't tell you anything about the application of thermal paste but it should improve your temps considerably. I would think that your card has mxm II compatibility and should be able to upgrade. You can purchase cards on ebay and whatnot. Hope this helps.

but what card exactly suits mxm-II ?

also my laptop doesn't restart but only downclocks(i changed registry values as in the guide,but.....ps using 175.80 drivers) after downclocking i HAVE to restart it in order to return normal clocks......

about thermal paste : i would use one with gold particles a have for a PC but after removing the back panel a have no idea of where to put it as a cooling system is rather strange one....

The fastest mxm II card would be the ddr3 version of your card. The 8700 up are mxm III. A 7950GTX would also be much faster than a 8600m gt so those are your options. At what temp does it downclock?

at different ot can downclock as at 93(previous driver changing attempts without cooling pad) as at 87(now)

u'v mentioned 7950GTX: i know it doesn't support dx10....=(....and is it cooler that 8600gt? oO

8600gt ddr3....it has max 256 mb,is it really worth?

btw does anybody now how to put a new thermal paste in this notebook? and it is possible to change the cooler itself?

Edited by Xopowiy

• 2 weeks later...
btw does anybody now how to put a new thermal paste in this notebook? and it is possible to change the cooler itself?

I have the service manual of this notebook in pdf , if you want send me an email address so i can sent it to you