LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Gaming issues with 8600M GT on Vista

Merso

So first things first, few weeks ago i brought brand new laptop. Most of the time i was using XP operating system, but but few days ago i tried Vista Ultimate. After some testing in 3dmark 06 i have came to idea that vista is a bit better (With XP i got 4212 and with OC 5012, while with Vista i achieved 5334) But there is one but. After playing for about 30mins my fps falls down to 5 while normal it sticks on 30, its really annoying 'couse i have to restart my computer to solve that problem. I there is no problem with OC becouse temperature always sticks under 50 and even when there is no OC my fps falls down significantely. It happens only on Vista. Today all day long ive played Bioshock, Whe Wicher and some other games and there was no crashes, or fps decreases everything wors like a clock (OC 619/1238/491). So everything works fine in XP, but maybe just maybe there is some way to solve that problem with Vista, i rly liked that all aero stuff and DX10 ofc.

P.S sorry for my broken english.

What driver are you using? The latest drivers seem to downclock the gpu after around 30 mins on dell laptops. The only fix for this is using an earlier driver (try 169.44).

What driver are you using? The latest drivers seem to downclock the gpu after around 30 mins on dell laptops. The only fix for this is using an earlier driver (try 169.44).

Now i cant clearly remember did i tryed oldies, but i should have. Well anyways it might be worh effeort to instal them again. Ty for now.