LaptopVideo2Go Forums

best driver for 8600M GT

sanddust0

i have dell 2,2ghz dual core with 4gig ram and a 8600MGT and trying to run cnc3 cod 4 and grid etc. which woul dbe the best driver to use, im also trying to overlock to figures iv seen on this website, but so far i can only get it up to 550/450 before the driver fails and the clocks instantly drop back to minimal power at 168/100

Attempting to O/C a graphics card on Vista can be quite a challenge. (Ii have an 8600m GT as well) I have used both XP x64 and Vista x64. In XP x64, I can overclock to 600/1400/500 100% stable. In Vista, as with you, I could hit only about 550. I would recommend, for that reason, that you switch to XP. If you do decide to switch to XP, you should use driver 177.85. On Vista, 177.89 is best.

thanks, im staying on vista but will update driver and see if i can get a leetle more outta my laptop.

Ok I have xp and geforce 8600m gs so I think 177.85 would be better(?) but I can't find moded inf working with this in your forum. I can't download it.

sorry but I can't edit. I have drivers number 6.14.11.119. Are they the bad,old ones? I have noticed that my computer has problems with some aplications rmvb so maybe they are poor, because I have all codecs (real alternative,k-lite codec pack)

sorry but I can't edit. I have drivers number 6.14.11.119. Are they the bad,old ones? I have noticed that my computer has problems with some aplications rmvb so maybe they are poor, because I have all codecs (real alternative,k-lite codec pack)

Uninstall all your video driver and clean it with drivesweeper then try install 177.79

I have already read something about it and it seems that this program "deletes things which remain after former drivers". Do I have to use it? I have read FAQ and everything is clear but if I need to use that kind of program everything appears for me more difficult :) And which driver would be the best? i'd like to improve generally achievements of my geforce, but i think i have some problems with video. (i think colours are a bit faded and sometimes rmvb applications stop for 1-2 seconds (when i change the time in movies)

try 175.63 or 174.74. These two give the best 3Dmark '06 results.

But keep in mind that while these are the highest performing drivers for this benchmark tool... there is no substitute for your own testing in games.

try 75.63 or 174.74. These two give the best 3Dmark '06 results.

But keep in mind that while these are the highest performing drivers for this benchmark tool... there is no substitute for your own testing in games.

Ok I'll remember. Thank you very much. So I don't have to use programs like driversweeper?

I don't bother unless i have issues with overclocking.

the new 177 series have an auto uninstall feature when you install the driver. you may want to use these if you are not keen on using driver sweep, and are having issues.

One more thing.. You say that if I use series 177, I don't have to uninstall former drivers and everything will be ok, there won't be any issues, do you? Sorry for my english, but it isn't fluent :)

yeah. if you install a 177 series driver then it will auto uninstall the original driver.

Are you asking where to find the driver

click here to find the appropriate driver

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/2-frequently-asked-questions4

yes... should be all good. will not have any problems overclocking.

... and if you do, just post another comment. myself of another member/ guest will help out