LaptopVideo2Go Forums

t7700 cpu problems?

Guest Guest

Hi, I have a xps1730 8800gtxsli and a 2.4ghz core 2 duo t7700. In 3dmark cpu tests my cpu always get about 0.5 frames on the first test and the most 1 fps in the second and the cpu score is about 1900 or about 2000 max. Is my processor working properly? I thought the frames a sec should be higher since my friend told me his p4 2.4ghz could churn out at least 3 frames a sec. I do all tests making sure nothing unimportant is running in the background and i even turned off my antiviruses.

hi,

i have the same thing going on download cpu speed pro and check ur speed mine says 900 to 2346 I reboot an then its right try and reboot but my score are still low in vantage and I dont have sli 8700

No that?s probably right... unless we both have defective XPS laptops?!

Essentially I have the same system, apart from GPU. I get the same FPS in that test.

You can try RMclock. That stops the 'throttling' effect

(The CPU fluctuating up and down) so will run at 100% all the time.

If you do want to install this app; and want some advice on the features, (what box's to tick) post another question and other members, or I will be happy to assist.

thats how it is :)

I have the same processor and fps is normal.

heck even a quad core clocked at 4 ghz gets about 3-6 fps.

You have to change settings in power manangement(control panel). Your processor probably work in a low power mode to save your battery. Change it and processor will work full power.