LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Laptop HP Pavillion HDX 9200 Problem

Amokk

I got a problem, that i cant play blu ray anymore after i uptated to the latest driver for my laptop from here. I got an HP Pavillion HDX 9200, an i updatet my driver from Version NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS 167.53 to 175 and the problem is that i cant play Blu Ray anymore. So what to do?

What is the latest driver and where can i get it so that blu ray works again

I assume you are using vista? Vista only lets you use WHQL drivers to run bluray. You will need to download ones provided by manufacture, or find another WHQL driver that will work with the "m 8800GTS"

I assume you are using vista? Vista only lets you use WHQL drivers to run bluray. You will need to download ones provided by manufacture, or find another WHQL driver that will work with the "m 8800GTS"

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp39501-40000/sp39905.exe

HP WHQL 175.97 - Supports %NVIDIA_G92. DEV_0609.1% = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS" PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0609&SUBSYS_30D4103C

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp39501-40000/sp39905.exe

HP WHQL 175.97 - Supports %NVIDIA_G92. DEV_0609.1% = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS" PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0609&SUBSYS_30D4103C

This one works without instnd run problems, cause it is for geforce 9200M and not for 8800GM GTS

Edited by Amokk

This one works without instnd run problems, cause it is for geforce 9200M and not for 8800GM GTS

Ignore the softpaq message at start; it is genuinely signed for and made for the HP HDX 8800M GTS which is explicitly stated in the original inf.