LaptopVideo2Go Forums

My amazing Crysis performance 8600m gt ddr3

widescreen169

My XPS 1530 ddr3 is overclocked to 710 core and 1102 memory with ntune.

DX9 - 960x600 (Custom Resolution)

Texture Quality - HIGH

Objects Quality - HIGH

Shadows - MEDIUM (may not seem like it but it is sufficient and looks great)

Physics - HIGH

Shader Quality - HIGH

Volumetric Effects - MEDIUM (If you like clear skies then put this on LOW might get a FPS boost)

Game Effects - HIGH

Post Processing - MEDIUM

Particles - MEDIUM

Water - HIGH

Sound - MEDIUM

Vsync is enabled aswell (i suggest you do this as well as triple buffering is in my edited config file below)

This gave me decent performance and over 30 FPS which is good but Crysis plays very well even on about 22 FPS so I created the system.cfg file.

con_restricted=0
r_DisplayInfo=1
q_Renderer=3
r_colorgrading=1
r_UseEdgeAA=0
r_UsePOM=1
e_water_ocean_fft=1
r_sunshafts=1
r_TexturesStreaming=0
e_phys_foliage=2
r_WaterGodRays=1
r_GeomInstancing=1
es_OnDemandPhysics=1
e_particles_thread=1
ai_UseAlternativeReadability=0
d3d9_TripleBuffering=1
r_height=600
r_width=960

This made DX9 look very similar to very high. I get the sun rays coming through the trees and the rainbow effect in the water and the overall colour of the game has become warmer which makes the game look so sweet! And the best thing about it is that the frame rate never drops below 25 FPS which gives me great enjoyment playing it.

I also have a Notepal Infinite cooler so my overclocked card doesn't overheat maxes at about 76 so its all good. No gliches at these clocks so absolutely amazing!

You overclocked that much and only got those settings?

You must have terrible processor and ram because I don't overclock my 8600m 512mb and I can run it on DX10 all settings on High with the same FPS...

Ah you see on high, you don't have things like parrallax occlusion mapping or sun shafts and enhanced shader colouring you only get on very high. I am effectively playing on very high visuals.

What are your temps because I've got almost the same specs!

greetz

You overclocked that much and only got those settings?

You must have terrible processor and ram because I don't overclock my 8600m 512mb and I can run it on DX10 all settings on High with the same FPS...

What are you kidding me ? thats immpossibe without overclocking, even with a quadcore and 8 gb Ram.

Whatever I also got the Dell XPS M1530 but with the Core 2 Duo T9300 and 4 Gb Ram.

I overclocked it @ 660/850 and Crysis runs with 22-27 fps @ 800x600.

and UT3 with 30-40 fps @ 1440x900.

My Temp. never goes over 73° yeah thats the quality of Dell