LaptopVideo2Go Forums

53.04 v13.00 Experimental INF needs testers

mobilenvidia

I've made a special INF for 53.04.

The only thing enabled are all the Display Propties pages.

It's working just fine on my machine.

I've modded this to see what happens with just the default settings.

It might help some laptops with problems.

The performance is the same as my other modded INFs.

Anyway, feedback encouraged, INF in usual place,

Enjoy,

Pieter.

:shock: :shock:

BUT looks promising... will test it tomorrow. Would be very nice, if everything works as it should be. thank you.

works great!!

cant believe it!

Install dialog gives me one "compatible" GPU: the GF4 460GO which is my GPU (even though i have a subsys...). It gets installed without problems and after that the PlugnPlay monitor is recognized.

-> So intsallations is no problem!

TV-Out works, CPL works nView works, everything the same as with the old inf, i think. I can choose all resolutions between 800x600 and 1600x1200. No borders or crap. All pages are enabled, except the OC page (the 460 has none as we found out).

Tested shortly the Horizontal/vertikal Span with TV: it works, but personally i don't use it, neither with TV nor CRT, so i can't say if there are maybe some glitches)

DualView works, too.

Benched with 3DMark 2003 and 2001SE results here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=194

amazing! great work. unbelievable. astonishing. good job :)

Edited by dontknow

Pieter, it's probably worth mentioning that people must uninstall their old drivers before trying this. Even better would be to use a reg cleaner (like Detonator RIP), if possible, after uninstalling. Otherwise the former settings may still be in the registry defeating your experiment.

Guest slash14

Well, still no luck with these modz. THX for your time and work Pieter :)

I'm gonna see if the BIOS of my video card is up to date but I think it already is ...

Seems that 420 Go are somewhat different from 460Go (as "dontknow" got it working ...)

Guest Hemorrhoid

Tried it and it seems to have fixed my DVD problems.

Call of Duty does not work. But then it never worked for me.

Even displays menus in Chinese (got HK version of WinXP pro sp1a)

3dmark score of 4305 (i know.... nothing impressive)

As LSudlow says, it's very important to uninstall old driver first.

My INF's are pretty thorough in removing old settings, but it pays to uninstall anyway.

This all what is enabled in v13.00 :

HKR,, InstalledDisplayDrivers,       %REG_MULTI_SZ%, nv4_disp

HKR,, DFPAsDefaultMonitor,           %REG_DWORD%,    1

HKR,, SoftEDIDs,                     %REG_DWORD%,    1

HKR,, UseBestResolution,             %REG_DWORD%,    1

HKR,, VgaCompatible,                 %REG_DWORD%,    0

HKR,, VPEEnable,                     %REG_DWORD%,    1

All other settings just enable the Diplay Properties pages.
Install dialog gives me one "compatible" GPU: the GF4 460GO which is my GPU (even though i have a subsys...). It gets installed without problems and after that the PlugnPlay monitor is recognized.  

-> So intsallations is no problem!  

I removed all the individual SUBSYS sections, only 1 section per GPU remains, so no matter GPU you install with it will install the same.

And each sections run the above.

I will wait to see what happens with others, this way of modding INFs is a whole heap easier.

I might just remove all the Toshiba/HP sections as they don't actually seem to fix anything.

Toshiba's with black bars get them no matter what I do with the INF.

Lots of thinking to do,

Enjoy,

Pieter.

I'm currently running your beta drivers on my Toshiba laptop GeForce FX5600Go with Windows XP MCE 2002 SP1. Haven't had any issues yet, but I will keep you posted. Thank you for putting these updated drivers out!

Guest Mr. Tao

I just installed 53.04 with version 13 of inf file. Actually it's very first 5x.xx I was able to run as any other build brought me BSOD on the firtst boot after installation.

However, it still can't wake up from sleep mode (exactly like 45.91 I was using before, only drivers capable of waking up were my old 3x.xx :) )

Acer TM634

GF2Go 32MB

1400x1050x32

I'm currently running your beta drivers on my Toshiba laptop GeForce FX5600Go with Windows XP MCE 2002 SP1. Haven't had any issues yet, but I will keep you posted. Thank you for putting these updated drivers out!

Tested with Call of Duty (Direct X 9.0 game), no graphical corruption, no significant drop in framerate, except when there were a ton of corpses and about 4-6 blown up tanks in the area, but I suspect that's due to the amount of activity. Everything seems to be working perfectly. Thanks again for your hard work!

Anyway' date=' feedback encouraged, INF in usual place,

Thanks Pieter. I've tried this on my Inspiron 8600 w/ NV 5200 FX Go. To get it to work, I had to rename the duplicated section "nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings". I assume the first such section is for nvDual setups. With that mod, it installs, and for the first time, I have a Temperature page! One glitch, however, is that the drivers hang on return from suspend mode. This seems to be resolved by adding an entry setting MapOSD3ToNV = 3. The only remaining glitch so far is that nwiz dies on the first reboot after install.

Pieter,

Just tried the 53.04 w/13.01 INF. Still have the black bar issue.

My 420 GO BIOS ver. is 4.17.00.41.C7. Any issues with that?

I've "rolled back" to the 43.xx driver for now.

Thanks,

Tenstrum