LaptopVideo2Go Forums

T61p and modded .inf - flickering screen *solved*

PhreakShow

Hi there,

today I got my new T61p from Lenovo. As you may know, it's equipped with a Quadro FX 570m with 256 megs of vram.

And as you additionally may know, gaming performance among quadro cards isnt really good.

So I the newest driver from this page here, replaced the inf file and installed it. Setup ran fine, reboot too.

But when the desktop loads, it appears to flicker like an old crt. That doesnt occur when I use the driver from IBM.

So I tried some other driver versions, and eliminated all the driver files between my setups (driver cleaner). But doesnt work neither.

I searched for flickering screens in the forum, but, well, I didnt find anything suitable. OS is WinXP 32bit with SP2.

So, what shall I do now?

greetings phreak

Edited by PhreakShow

The first thing you should do is down grade to your old IBM driver that worked properly for you and see if that fixes your problem. If it does then then there just may not be any drivers that are not IBM that are suited for your laptop. The other option is to look for some quadro specific drivers here on the website and see if those help.

If you do not have any luck by switching to the old IBM drivers then you have another problem and may want to try and see if you LCD screen needs replacing or maybe even a reformat might do the trick. You could also try to change your resolution and refresh rate to see if that helps.

Hope this helps!

Actually, installing the drivers directly from Lenovo solves the flicker-problem. But they hardly have any performance when it comes to gaming.

With a modded desktop driver, it's possible to almost double the frame rates.

Does adjusting the resolution or refresh rate affect the problem? Also, before you install drivers with the modded INF, try finding the line in the INF which says "lvdsreducefreq" and change its value from 1 to 0. This caused a variety of problems on my laptop.

Does adjusting the resolution or refresh rate affect the problem?

No, changing res or refresh rate didnt affect it.

Also, before you install drivers with the modded INF, try finding the line in the INF which says "lvdsreducefreq" and change its value from 1 to 0.

This caused a variety of problems on my laptop.

Perfect buddy, this solved the problem. Big big thx mate!