LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Which drivers for an 8600 GT

Sajuuk

Hi everybody, I was wondering which are the best drivers for an 8600 GT on an Acer Acpire 5920G.

This is my brother computer, and he is running on the Acer provided driver so it's 100.xx version I think, which makes some bug in games.

Can you help me choosing a right driver? Thanks

As stated in my signature, there is no best driver, but I would assume you are looking for drivers to play games. These are the latest drivers (177.92). Install with modded inf and use them. The 100.xx series is very old so you should notuice a good perf. inc. from these drivers

Edited by Andrew55

I recommend starting off with the 177.92 drivers. They produce quite a performance improvement on my 8600m GT.

I recommend starting off with the 177.92 drivers. They produce quite a performance improvement on my 8600m GT.

I second that recommendation. The 177.92 driver is an amazing driver that I have posted my best 3DMark scores in. Its worth a shot.

I've been wondering this same question as well, installed 177.92 just today but they run my 8600GT incredibly hot, we're talking 95-96 Centigrades here. I tried underclocking my card with Rivatuner, but I don't think it works with this laptop/driver.

I was previously using the 175.61 driver (which didn't need a modded INF), and they seem to run the card a lot cooler, but the performance is also considerably poorer.

Does anyone have any success on over/underclocking the card in the Aspire 5920G?