LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Recommended drivers for Gears of War

sbuttigieg

Hi Guys.

I have an Acer Aspire 5583WXMi with Nvidia GE Force GO 7300 w/TurboCache. Running on Win XP MCE 32-bit

Trying to run Gears of War.

Getting an message saying I need "NVIDIA ForceWare 163.44 Driver".

I downloaded this driver but not compatible with hardware. Nvidia website says I need to get update from ACER but ACER website does not contain any update.

Any idea on which driver I need to run the game smoothly?

Thanks

Use the 177.92 with the modded inf (extract and replace). Install these and gears of wars should run albeit slowly.

nah Gears will run fine!

use 177.79, thats the most reliable one I have used, or just do what Andrew55 says.

nah Gears will run fine!

use 177.79, thats the most reliable one I have used, or just do what Andrew55 says.

Hi Andrew and Bades,

I tried the 177.92. The game worked fine. However during normal windows operations, sometimes the cursor leaves a red trail. And I don't know if it is related, but since I installed it, the DVD rom is crashing. When I reported the error via the windows pop-up that comes up after re-booting, it said that the error was related to the video driver.

I would like to try the 177.79, but I did not find the Nvidia FEForce Go7300 in the list of compatible cards. Is it safe to try to install it anyway or could I damage something?

Thanks

you can install the driver.

Just download the modded inf file and use that to install the driver.

I dont think drivers can damage your computer in any way. If you have problems with the driver, just revert back to the stock drivers.