LaptopVideo2Go Forums

7600go 256mb problems in Warhammer Online

Guest linkedd

Hey all, I recently got Warhammer Online but I'm running into some problems... was wondering if I can find a solution here.

At the moment I'm running 177.98 driver on my 7600go (HP dv9000t model) and running the game on 1440x900 on high settings (I also tried medium/low). I get around 35~55fps but after about 30min of play time my screen goes black momentarily, immediately followed by a critical error message, and finally my screen is in 640x480 resolution with rainbow colors on the screen (it goes back to desktop.)

Is anyone familiar with this problem? Is it overheating? This happened in overclocked 515/410 clock settings so I tried stock settings of 450/350 and run into the same problem. I have a Zalman cooling pad running under the lappy but it still shuts down about ~30min into the game.

Should I be using a different driver other than this to play games?

Oh yeah, this is my rig off the top of my head

WinXP SP3 32bit ver

Core 2 Duo T5500

2gb Ram

Geforce 7600go 256mb (DDR2 - 450/350 clock)

Hey all, I recently got Warhammer Online but I'm running into some problems... was wondering if I can find a solution here.

At the moment I'm running 177.98 driver on my 7600go (HP dv9000t model) and running the game on 1440x900 on high settings (I also tried medium/low). I get around 35~55fps but after about 30min of play time my screen goes black momentarily, immediately followed by a critical error message, and finally my screen is in 640x480 resolution with rainbow colors on the screen (it goes back to desktop.)

Is anyone familiar with this problem? Is it overheating? This happened in overclocked 515/410 clock settings so I tried stock settings of 450/350 and run into the same problem. I have a Zalman cooling pad running under the lappy but it still shuts down about ~30min into the game.

WinXP SP3 32bit ver

Core 2 Duo T5500

2gb Ram

Same problem here! Happy to find someone who hase exactly the same problem!

My spec :

Computer - Hp 8710p

WinXP SP3

Core2Duo T8300

4Gb Ram

Nvidia Quadro NVS 320m

I have installed ALL drivers, but seam to be the same things... Nvidia one, HP one, Laptopvideo one... alwauys the same and.... hp change my graphic card two days ago! So, what is the problem?

Same problem here! Happy to find someone who hase exactly the same problem!

My spec :

Computer - Hp 8710p

WinXP SP3

Core2Duo T8300

4Gb Ram

Nvidia Quadro NVS 320m

I have installed ALL drivers, but seam to be the same things... Nvidia one, HP one, Laptopvideo one... alwauys the same and.... hp change my graphic card two days ago! So, what is the problem?

hey, i think the problem IS overheating. Just yesterday I took my lappy apart and cleaned all the dust out... I'm thinking the fact that I had a cooler was ineffective before because of the dust (airflow was having problems maybe?) After that I also put my video card in stock clock settings and ran WAR in "balanced" setting.

I went about 2hrs without any restarts yesterday night.

Cheers!

Guest Guest5000

WinXP SP3 32bit ver

Core 2 Duo T5500

2gb Ram

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...product=3352231

Guest Gopher

I have a discovery that my help if your problem persists.

Recently, my brother was having the same issue with his game. He was a beta tester, and therefore downloaded the game before the disk came out.

Later, he ended up buying the disk because he loved the game so much, but found that his game was crashing to a lack screen.

I urged him to reinstall the game with the disk. After He did, the problem disappeared!

Problem: Crashing to black screen

Solution: Reinstall game with game disk if available

I have a discovery that my help if your problem persists.

Recently, my brother was having the same issue with his game. He was a beta tester, and therefore downloaded the game before the disk came out.

Later, he ended up buying the disk because he loved the game so much, but found that his game was crashing to a lack screen.

I urged him to reinstall the game with the disk. After He did, the problem disappeared!

Problem: Crashing to black screen

Solution: Reinstall game with game disk if available

I just reinstall the game with disk... nothing change, I have good FPS in game but after about some minutes of play time my screen goes black , followed by a critical error message, and return to desktop in 640x480 resolution with rainbow colors on the screen...