LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 8400m too weak for WoW?

Nursegreg

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 7520 running a Geforce 8400m g turbo cache (sticker on comp says up to 1024mb) I'm using a modded driver 177.92 and everything runs great except for my game World of Warcraft. It doesn't lag all the time, but frequent enough and especially in large raids when it really gets in the way. I'm wondering if anyone else with this video card that plays wow knows maybe of a better driver that I could try? thanks in advance

Sounds to me like your video card isn't quite powerful enough. 177.92 is a well-performing driver, so I do not think it is causing this.

i think its something else. Maybe WOW just hates the 8400's. Cuz a 8400 should easily run it. I know people with Geforce FX5700's who run it.

Can i say, Internet problems? is that a possibility.

And look at the Reccomended Specs:

Recommended Specifications

Windows® System 2000/XP OS:

Intel Pentium® IV 1.5 GHz or AMD XP 1500+ MHz

1024 MB RAM

64 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForce? FX 5700 class card or above

Broadband Internet connection

Two-button scroll-wheel mouse

Mac® OS X 10.3.9 or newer:

1024 MB RAM or higher; DDR RAM recommended

ATI or NVIDIA® video hardware with 64 MB VRAM or more

Edited by MonkeyMhz

i think its something else. Maybe WOW just hates the 8400's. Cuz a 8400 should easily run it. I know people with Geforce FX5700's who run it.

Can i say, Internet problems? is that a possibility.

And look at the Reccomended Specs:

Recommended Specifications

Windows® System 2000/XP OS:

Intel Pentium® IV 1.5 GHz or AMD XP 1500+ MHz

1024 MB RAM

64 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForce? FX 5700 class card or above

Two-button scroll-wheel mouse

Mac® OS X 10.3.9 or newer:

1024 MB RAM or higher; DDR RAM recommended

ATI or NVIDIA® video hardware with 64 MB VRAM or more

not an internet problem, and I meet all those specs. It's not all the time, but in WoW the framerate drops to around 1 for a maximum of like a minute, then everything returns to normal

not an internet problem, and I meet all those specs. It's not all the time, but in WoW the framerate drops to around 1 for a maximum of like a minute, then everything returns to normal

odd. I have friends with some problems also on WOW, they really need to get their act together/

Actually, this has very little to do with your video card. Using vista (which i assume you have) causes problems like that with WoW. Using xp should alleviate your problems. If however, you are using xp, it could be another problem which, can also be resolved (but we'll talk about that later.)

• 2 weeks later...

Actually it was originally Vista but I got sick of that and formatted and installed XP. Which originally DID help a lot, then it wasn't just video lag, but also audio. Was really maxxing out my processor. Anyway after I switched over to XP most of the lag went away, but like I said I still get that occassional (sometimes more than occassional) video lag, and it's always right at the wrong time.

Edited by Nursegreg