LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Amilo M3438G - 8600M GS Compatible?

dis7urb

I, im the proud owner of a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M3438G, and my 6800Go just burned up yesterday...

I never asked around about graphics board replacement, couse i thought thats was not possible with Centrinos...

And my question is, would it be hard or even impossible to put a 8600GS in my laptop? The ebay sellers says it will be easy, but i dont trust him :)

Thanks in advance

Your laptop has an mxm-III (3) card, so any mxm-3 card should fit. However, if the card is not from the same laptop originally, it may not have the correct heatsink arrangement required. Check out mxm-upgrade for help/guides

Guest Morris Lee

not just the heatsink setup(even though if it is the same type MXM should have the same heatsink specifications) but there is also the BIOS problems, different brand takes specifically their own version of graphics card(they are the same, but different identifiers) usually you will see please update yoy BIOS for your gfx or for the motherboard, means it is "bios incompatible" you need ot find the bios for your new graphics card with laptop branded bios.