LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 8700M GT

Guest Farosian

Guest Farosian

I got this problem where I bought a ASUS G2SG laptop, it works fine, however I need to renew my driver, the problem is ASUS has VERY bad support regarding drivers, and I can't find the video card driver I need, so I was wondering if someone here could help me.

Computer name/model - ASUS G2SG

Video Card - Geforce 8700M GT

OS - Windows Vista Ultimate 64x

If you got some questions please ask.

Thanks in advance.

Asus driver support is a piece of cake. You choose your laptop from the drop down menu and then choose if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit OS and every driver available for that laptop and OS pops up along with all of their utility programs.

Anyways. Just pick a driver here and download it along with the inf. You then extract the installation from the 7zip folder and move the downloaded inf to the folder. Then go into the folder and find setup.exe and run it.

Guest Farosian
I got this problem where I bought a ASUS G2SG laptop, it works fine, however I need to renew my driver, the problem is ASUS has VERY bad support regarding drivers, and I can't find the video card driver I need, so I was wondering if someone here could help me.

Computer name/model - ASUS G2SG

Video Card - Geforce 8700M GT

OS - Windows Vista Ultimate 64x

If you got some questions please ask.

Thanks in advance.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=20927

That the driver you mean? does it also support 8700M GT? cause I can't find it on the list.

Any driver will work. If thats the one you want to use then go ahead and use it. I use v177.92 for my driver. The list is a list of all the GPUs the driver supports before the modded inf is put into place. With the modded inf the drivers will work for any GPU.

Did that ASUS search for my driver, only thing i found was another outdated driver, around 6 months old... sigh

Gonna try this driver then and the inf

Its actually not outdated. Its the latest firmware that Asus will support. Any others and they wont and dont offer tech support.