LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9300M Ge & External Monitor Problem

n0000b

Hi!

I have a thinkpad that has 9300m Go Grpahics card. I have connected it to an external monitor a 19" Acer (that supports 1440x900 @ 60Hz). The problem is, at that resolution, I see sometimes, not always a distortion (sortof a wave forming, like some frequency interference). This distortion happen randomly and at random areas. And sometimes does not happen at all. If i decrease the resolution, then everything works fine, but then the images are somewhat of not that good quality (well that I guess normal). I've tried the latest modded driver from this site as well provided by OEM. But still i get these random distortions (wave forming) at the highest resolution.

I am connecting my external LCD via VGA & the LCD is ok, coz I have an older notebook and with that notebook, there is no distortion whatsoever. Images on my internal Thinkpad's LCD used as primary display shows no distortion (my internal LCD can support higher resolution then 1440*900.

Any idea what could be wrong here?

humm... did you click on the auto adjust? how long of the cable are you using?