LaptopVideo2Go Forums

No video playback on TV when in DualView. Please Help.

Guest Ryan Scheffer

Guest Ryan Scheffer

Hi.

HP dv9700t customized

8600M GS

Windows XP 32-bit

167.58 drivers (from here of course)

OK. I've had my very old TV hooked up to my desktop for years now. There has always been an option to allow full-screen video playback on my TV and another option to adjust screen position when set to DualView. Now that I'm using my laptop, these options are not there. What gives? I've tried using clone mode, but I get this stupid spanning desktop so that won't work. I've also tried using the TV as primary in the lowest resolution which would work if I had a screen position adjustment, otherwise I just get too much of one side cut off.

Somebody please tell me that there is a way to fix this PLEASE. I needs my full screen video...it's my life!

^ original post by me

Sorry, I'm registered I just completely forgot to login.

Edited by powder21

I would recommend updating to the latest drivers. A few weeks ago I had to play a movie on a projector hooked up to my laptop as the secondary screen. I had no problem getting the video to show up, and there was no tearing. I use driver 178.13.

Thank you, I will try a different driver. The problem is, and I realize I should've stated this before, I have it hooked up through an s-video connection, and I'm assuming the projector was probably hooked up through VGA or DVI. It is also not like an old box screen TV where stuff gets cut off. Was there a screen position adjustment control? Thanks again, I will definitely try the latest drivers.

If anyone knows of another way of working with this issue (in case latest drivers don't do it), please let me know. I also looked into that NVTweak program, but there is a lot of stuff on there that I don't quite grasp and most certainly don't need fro my purposes. Again, if there is anything else, just in case, please let me know and in the mean time I will update the drivers.

Do you mean that you could never get an image to display on the TV at all? If so, then have a look at this thread over at the nV Forum.