LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba Satego X200

Aresetyr

Hi guys,

first of all, excuse my english, I know it's not perfect, but english isn't my mothertongue, but I'll do my best to explain my problem in many details so you can help me better.

Ehm, I bought my Toshiba Satego X200 with an Geforce 8700 (512 MB Video"ram") about a year and a month ago and I always used the drivers from your page 'cause it should have been, and is still, a gaming notebook for me.

Well, yesterday I set up the system again, with Vista now and and I chose a driver from your webpage... eh the problem is, that I am getting an error that say about: "Well the driver is not for YOUR Videocard"... ehm well, i searched with these numbers in the system and they are

"PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0409&SUBSYS_FF001179" and your system finds drivers (the new system... the old one of about a few months ago never found drivers for THAT numbers, I always had to use older ones from the forums and to download about 10 files just until one would work :P

I am wondering if there is a good driver for games like W.A.R, AoC, All Steam Games and many more out there...

The problem why I am asking for a newer driver than that I used for Win XP is, that it had some really bad bugs in W.A.R. and AoC, like "not showing the surroundings in special arias" etc. and I always saw on your page, that the newest drivers are always just for Vista and as I am, in the next days, upgrading on 4GB Ram .... enough text :)

O yeah... one more question for you cracks :) Does anyone of you know, if I have to set up Vista again if I am just changing Ram? I mean I got 2 x 1GB in the Notebook and I will upgrade to 2 x 2GB... and has anyone done this... oh ###### I just find the Manual in german :rofl: ehm the changes in the Vista "Core" to gain the full power of 4GB Ram in a 32 Bit System, so Vista 32 Bit can adress 4GB? (This is possible, i've seen it already :P )

So, I hope everything's clear enough to help me, thanks a lot for all your answers,

Aresetyr

Try this:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/175series/17815.exe

with this inf:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/175seri...15/nv4_disp.inf

Vista32 still uses just barely over 3 GB (in my case 3070 MB) - which is enough for me.

Try this:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/175series/17815.exe

with this inf:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/175seri...15/nv4_disp.inf

Vista32 still uses just barely over 3 GB (in my case 3070 MB) - which is enough for me.

many thanks :) well yeah it would be enough 'cause I am tuning Vista so it's not using ~ 800 - 1000 mb ram, but there is a little trick which makes a 32 bit os using the whole 4GB... I mean, will PROGRAMS/GAMES use the last free GB or not, 'cause Vista is not adressing it ?

s*** it says "this driver is for Win 2000 or XP... your OS is not Win 2000 or XP" :) I need the drivers for Win Vista (if this was not clear)

Edited by Aresetyr

many thanks :) well yeah it would be enough 'cause I am tuning Vista so it's not using ~ 800 - 1000 mb ram, but there is a little trick which makes a 32 bit os using the whole 4GB... I mean, will PROGRAMS/GAMES use the last free GB or not, 'cause Vista is not adressing it ?

s*** it says "this driver is for Win 2000 or XP... your OS is not Win 2000 or XP" :) I need the drivers for Win Vista (if this was not clear)

oops, thought you were still on XP - here the latest Vista32 ones:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/175se...17913_vista.exe

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/175seri..._vista/nvar.inf

oh sorry :) no I WAS on XP ('til yesterday) but now I am on Vista again, since I knew I'll buy 4GB Ram today :)

If you want to make use of all 4gb of your RAM, then you need to get Vista x64. Otherwise, you will see only 3-3.5 GB of it.

If you want to make use of all 4gb of your RAM, then you need to get Vista x64. Otherwise, you will see only 3-3.5 GB of it.

no... there are two things... so first is to use 32Bit System and change a little line in the core of the system so it can adress the full 4GB (THIS IS POSSIBLE, BUT THE SYSTEM IS NOT AS STABLE AS BEFORE)

and the other thing is, that 64 are not better 'til 8GB of Ram...'cause EVERY Program is forced to run in 64 bit and this costs much more ram...

Well many thanks for the driver, but still I got problems with Age of Conan :) my cloak is going through my hair (THROUGH) and through my shield and ... well a few more bugs :) is there any newer driver?

no... there are two things... so first is to use 32Bit System and change a little line in the core of the system so it can adress the full 4GB (THIS IS POSSIBLE, BUT THE SYSTEM IS NOT AS STABLE AS BEFORE)

and the other thing is, that 64 are not better 'til 8GB of Ram...'cause EVERY Program is forced to run in 64 bit and this costs much more ram...

You can enable more RAM than just 3-3.5 GB on Vista 32, but as you said, this reduces stability. It also reduces speed. Therefore, as I see it, it is not a viable option. 32-bit applications on a 64-bit system do not take twice the RAM as on a 32-bit OS. Some applications do take slightly more RAM, but if you have 4gb, then this amount is negligible. Additionally, 32-bit applications are not forced to run in 64-bit mode. When running a 32-bit application, the 64-bit processor switches into a 32-bit compatibility mode which executes 32-bit instructions natively. The Wikipedia article here states all this information, however much less concisely.

hi, I have the exact same laptop as you. I recently updated the graphics driver to the latest one available. Keep in mind this is an offcial release therefore it may not be the one ur

after. Also are u currently in australia? if not then u'll have to go to the toshiba website in ur country. But the link for the Australian website is: www.toshiba.com.au and just

head for the support tab then under Download Centre click on "Drivers, BIOS, Utilities, Software" then just look for the model of ur laptop. Hope tht helps

• 1 month later...
Guest Aresetyr
hi, I have the exact same laptop as you. I recently updated the graphics driver to the latest one available. Keep in mind this is an offcial release therefore it may not be the one ur

after. Also are u currently in australia? if not then u'll have to go to the toshiba website in ur country. But the link for the Australian website is: www.toshiba.com.au and just

head for the support tab then under Download Centre click on "Drivers, BIOS, Utilities, Software" then just look for the model of ur laptop. Hope tht helps

Austria is not Australia :)