LaptopVideo2Go Forums

A question about PhysX

olive

My system is a PD930 CPU/4G RAM, with an Asus 8800GT 512M display card.

I installed 178.13 and it comes with PhysX. But either I select 'No Acceleration' or 'GeForce PhysX' in PhysX control panel, I see no difference in terms of CPU usage when running PhysX demos, it's always ~52% CPU usage. Does this mean PhysX doesn't work? Or what further things I need to configure/check?

I see the same thing running PhysX demos on my system, as well. To check to see if GPU PhysX is actually working, try downloading the Nvidia Particle Fluid demo from here. When you run it, in the top left corner it will say HW or SW, depending on the entity doing the PhysX processing.

And remember to close Fraps from the background, or you'll get just a black screen.

Where is the download at? I cant find it.

I see the same thing running PhysX demos on my system, as well. To check to see if GPU PhysX is actually working, try downloading the Nvidia Particle Fluid demo from here. When you run it, in the top left corner it will say HW or SW, depending on the entity doing the PhysX processing.

Where please?

Read the damn thread. He linked to it in his last post.