LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Which Processor?

Hiataby

Hello everyone!

I'm thinking of changing my processor. I now have a Intel Core2Duo T7500.

I don't know which one te buy. I have seen this 3:

Intel Core2Duo T8100;

Intel Core2Duo T8300;

Intel Core2Duo SP9400;

or has someone a better one?

I have a Socket P (478)

Thx a lot!

There probably will not be much of an advantage from upgrading your CPU. What kind of work do you do with the system?

There probably will not be much of an advantage from upgrading your CPU. What kind of work do you do with the system?

I lot of gaming.

Now i'm playing a lot of BiA-Hell's Highway, but my laptop still freezes. My CPU is most of the time 100% load.

I think your CPU is not the problem but your graphic card and like Michael Marley said you will not have any significant improvement with a newer processor.

I "only" have a T7400 Intel Core2Duo but a Geforce Go 7950 GTX with 512MB and 4 GB RAM. Brothers in Arms HH runs good up to resolution 1400x900.

greetz

I think your CPU is not the problem but your graphic card and like Michael Marley said you will not have any significant improvement with a newer processor.

I "only" have a T7400 Intel Core2Duo but a Geforce Go 7950 GTX with 512MB and 4 GB RAM. Brothers in Arms HH runs good up to resolution 1400x900.

greetz

It's possible that my graphic card is the problem. My info on the left is not ok. If upgraded my card. I will change that info. (I've changed it as you can see)

My graphic card that i now use is a Geforce 8600M GT and i have 4gb ram.

So is it really my graphic card tha't makes the problem?

Edited by Hiataby

The 8600GT is a fine card.

The T7400 is only 2.16Ghz with a 4Mb L2 cache. I have the T9300 and its a huge step up. Its 2.5Ghz with 6Mb L2 cache. The L2 cache is what makes the difference in processors. It allows the CPU to store more data and compute it instead of having to hold it in a paging file or RAM.

The 8600GT is a fine card.

The T7400 is only 2.16Ghz with a 4Mb L2 cache. I have the T9300 and its a huge step up. Its 2.5Ghz with 6Mb L2 cache. The L2 cache is what makes the difference in processors. It allows the CPU to store more data and compute it instead of having to hold it in a paging file or RAM.

So I need to take another CPU? like the "Intel Core 2 Duo SP9400"??

Does the cpu make a lot of difference with gaming?

I also was thinking about more cooling. How can I get that??

THX!

A laptop cooler will help with cooling. You can take it apart if the warranty is up and take the processor out and put thermal cooling compound in there. Dont do it unless the notebook is out of warranty as this will void it.

I would upgrade the CPU before the GPU. BiA is a fairly new game and uses some of the latest technology. Gaming is mostly done with the CPU and RAM more than the GPU. I would upgrade to a T9300 if you can afford it. Its about a $400 mobile processor.

A laptop cooler will help with cooling. You can take it apart if the warranty is up and take the processor out and put thermal cooling compound in there. Dont do it unless the notebook is out of warranty as this will void it.

I would upgrade the CPU before the GPU. BiA is a fairly new game and uses some of the latest technology. Gaming is mostly done with the CPU and RAM more than the GPU. I would upgrade to a T9300 if you can afford it. Its about a $400 mobile processor.

Why the T9300 and not the SP9400?

What is a thermal cooling compound, and where can I buy it?

Thx

pick it up at almost any computer store. (not retail outlet) Thermal paste or pads connect the CPU to the heat sink. The connection is vital for effective cooling. there are different brands.

Arctic silver is good.

For 1 the SP9400 is slower. For 2 its more expensive. It just came out and may not be compatible with your motherboard.

Anyone know where to buy a:

• Intel Core 2 Duo Processors T9500 or
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processors T9300.

THX!!!