LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Rotate display won't work

jjbender

I have a Dell XPS M1730 with dual 8800M GTX with 512MB per card. I have a HP w2408h monitor. I am using 179.13 drivers. I can't rotate the display at all. I have tried with and without SLI enabled. I've downgraded to the original 167.55 drivers. I have disconnected the monitor and tried it only on the laptop, no luck. Nothing seems to get the display to rotate. The option is in the nVidia control to rotate but when I try to do it it just returns with the 0 degree option and doesn't rotate. Anyone else here have the same problem? Anyone know of a solution?

Thanks

Steve

with the inf on this site, they do not work, make your own inf, just add your device id into the inf including the graphics card name, then you should be able to use everything including HD-DVD and bluray playback

with the inf on this site, they do not work, make your own inf, just add your device id into the inf including the graphics card name, then you should be able to use everything including HD-DVD and bluray playback

Thanks for the info. How do I find this info and include it in the inf file.

Thanks

find the driver that worked for you, and look for your device id in your device manager, find that in the inf, copy it over to the driver you want to install. have a look at the inf provided on this site for reference

find the driver that worked for you, and look for your device id in your device manager, find that in the inf, copy it over to the driver you want to install. have a look at the inf provided on this site for reference

Ahh, got it. Unfortunately this has not yet worked with any version driver.

Steve