LaptopVideo2Go Forums

TV out...s video or vga?

mhd4365

hi all,

first i would like to thank you for reading my post..sry to the admin if i have misplaced this problem on the forum.

i own a acer 5920g and it has a s video and a vga output....however, my tv only has an s video and RCA input connections...this leaves me with 2 options...

1.get an s video cable to connect my laptop to the tv(and also buy an audio jack to RCA...s that my sound comes out form tv)

or

2.buy a vga to s video and rca adapter to connect to my tv.

i just wanted to know...which woudl bring better qaulity...in the end it will have to be eitehr 1 or 2... and i do realsie that the tv will in both cases be connected by an s video and an rca...but which is better from the laptop for a better qaulity.

ty.

mhd

My guess would be that straight S-Video from the laptop to the TV would bring the highest quality. It would also avert the "feature" (bug) where the Nvidia drivers will not enable TV output unless a true S-video TV is connected.

mm... everytime a conversion is needed quality is lost. so going from Svideo to VGa then to rca would be bad. 12$ for a gold svideo cable is hardly going to break the bank.

mm... everytime a conversion is needed quality is lost. so going from Svideo to VGa then to rca would be bad. 12$ for a gold svideo cable is hardly going to break the bank.

sry...but you have got something wrong...if i use vga, then i only convert once,eg a vga to s video adapter.i do not convert again to rca.the rca cable is optional to buy and is not necessary, it plugs into the audio jack of ur laptop and the other end into the tv so i get sound from my tv(i.e. without it i would get the sound out of my laptop speakers). :)

i understod what you ment. was just saying the more times you convert the signal the less strength you get. cool!