LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA 8600m GS HELP !

Guest jikson7

Guest jikson7

Hello. I bought myself a HP Pavilion dv 9000 without knowing the fact that HP, will not support other os`s than Vista. I installed XP x64 and now, I`m trying to get the best drivers for my video card, a Nvidia 8600m GS. The thing is that i`ve installed Assassin`s Creed and if I`m not LOW on details and stuff I can`t play it. At some point during the game, will freeze for 1-4 secs, especially in the fighting scenes. I thought these thing shouldn`t happen, I mean I have a core 2 duo processor 2.4 Ghz, 4Gb Ram. So i`m asking you what can I do, and what`s wrong ??? Thanks a LOT !!!

Buy a better laptop...

Technically you have sufficient hardware but in practice I think even 8700M GT isn't good enough to get really good gameplay.

Guest wild willy
Hello. I bought myself a HP Pavilion dv 9000 without knowing the fact that HP, will not support other os`s than Vista. I installed XP x64 and now, I`m trying to get the best drivers for my video card, a Nvidia 8600m GS. The thing is that i`ve installed Assassin`s Creed and if I`m not LOW on details and stuff I can`t play it. At some point during the game, will freeze for 1-4 secs, especially in the fighting scenes. I thought these thing shouldn`t happen, I mean I have a core 2 duo processor 2.4 Ghz, 4Gb Ram. So i`m asking you what can I do, and what`s wrong ??? Thanks a LOT !!!

SEE THE THREAD I JUST STARTED- HP HDX 9300 SERIES (NVLDDMKM ERRORS)

ALSO SEARCH FOR NVLDDMKM AND CLICK ON THAT FORUM TO SEE MY PROGRESS WITH THIS ERROR

WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT- JOIN THOSE THREADS- MAYBE THEY WILL WORK FOR YOU, BUT I STILL HAVE VISTA- TROUBLED TO SEE THAT YOU SWITCHED TO XP AND STILL HAVE ISSUE.

yea your specs should play assassins creed on low specs just fine, maybe even medium? haha. your prob encountering some errors.

good luck.

Edited by coolcop06

Guest jikson7

to be honest i think it`s because the OS (x64 XP), I think the driver it`s not at it`s best. I`m just not sure, that`s why i asked you if you know the best driver i could use ????

Guest jikson7
Switch to 32bit Vista :)

I don`t like Vista because uses lots of resources, I mean it uses up to 1 GB of ram, while XP uses only 400 Mb of Ram. Not that XP is so wonderful, but it`s better than Vista, I think !!!

Switch to 32bit Vista :)

yea, as far as x64 i didnt get any errors or bsods, but it just seemed more sluggish in game. i think the drivers for x64 os's arent just fully optimized yet, especially on certain computers.

and yea vista is a resource hog, but i still love it :)

just remember in a 1-2 years xp will get "weeded out" and in 2-3 years xp will prob be like windows 98, 2000, exe. lol. so im just sticking with vista because its getting better all the time and soon it will prob be hard to find xp drivers because vista will be mainstream. just my opinion.