LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Amilo Xi 1546 and HD3650 help :/

B3ttWuR5tNapAlm

Hi Guys,

maybe you can help me.

I bought an HD3650 on ebay for my Xi1546 to replace the X1800.

Because of Heat and Power consumption, and last but not least the new feature set.

I installed the HD3650 and i got no screen.

all time black.

reinstalled the X1800 and all work fine again.

After that, I read some threads in this awesome forum.

I flashed my Xi1546 with the FSC 1.25 BIOS to a Alienware 1.19W BIOS (M5700 Series).

It work, but until now i doesn´t have the time to test.

If someone know´s a 100% working solution for me, please told me.

I haven´t the time to test 10000000000 things.

But i don´t want to pass my time for Cashback etc.

Thanks

BWN

Hi Guys,

maybe you can help me.

I bought an HD3650 on ebay for my Xi1546 to replace the X1800.

Because of Heat and Power consumption, and last but not least the new feature set.

I installed the HD3650 and i got no screen.

all time black.

reinstalled the X1800 and all work fine again.

After that, I read some threads in this awesome forum.

I flashed my Xi1546 with the FSC 1.25 BIOS to a Alienware 1.19W BIOS (M5700 Series).

It work, but until now i doesn´t have the time to test.

If someone know´s a 100% working solution for me, please told me.

I haven´t the time to test 10000000000 things.

But i don´t want to pass my time for Cashback etc.

Thanks

BWN

If its the same scenario as mine the system will beep once then the LEDs will look like the system is restarting itself repeatedly, allow this to happen for a short time then hold down the power button to switch off. Once it is off power on straight away and your system should start and run flawlessly.

If its the same scenario as mine the system will beep once then the LEDs will look like the system is restarting itself repeatedly, allow this to happen for a short time then hold down the power button to switch off. Once it is off power on straight away and your system should start and run flawlessly.

Hi Facey,

no it´s not the same scenario, but it´s almost near.

With the orginal Xi1546 BIOS 1.25 the system do nothing.....

With Alienware R5700 1.19W BIOS the System do the same, nothing :)

With Amilo Pi 1556 BIOS 1.26 the System do nothing but the LED´s check and after this, the WLAN LED an the POWER LED is running, but no screen and my beep is disabled.

Always, i never get one :)

Not with the new HD3650 and not with the X1800 that run into windows....

But today i flashed the Xi1526 1.26 BIOS like u and CPU-Z say to me, that my BIOS Number is 1.26 but the timestomp of my bios is the old one from an 1.25 orginal bios.

Any suggestions?

any other XI, AW R5700 or Uniwill P72 based system user´s that have solved my problem?

The seller told me, that he tried the card on a acer notebook and it run on the go.... no problems or any other thing.

I will get some information from him to solve this.

This card has to run in my laptop.... i don´t want to spend 300€ on mxm-upgrade, that´s tooo much....

200€ will be ok, but 300€ for a chip that i can get three times from hongkong for this price...

EDIT:

Now i get the info, that the hd3650 has a HP BIOS an the Notebook was a Acer as4520g.

Any tips?

Edited by B3ttWuR5tNapAlm

Hi ,

Sorry I cannot help you with your problem. I have an Amilo A1667 with an ATI x700 which is not working properly. The purpose of my reply is, 1. Your ATI 1800 I believe can work in my Amilo. 2. If so , are you prepared to sell it to me, How much?? 3. Have you a working lesser card to sell so that I can boot up my laptop again. Please reply either way to chris.c@talk21.com .

Many thanks for your help Chris

Hi ,

Sorry I cannot help you with your problem. I have an Amilo A1667 with an ATI x700 which is not working properly. The purpose of my reply is, 1. Your ATI 1800 I believe can work in my Amilo. 2. If so , are you prepared to sell it to me, How much?? 3. Have you a working lesser card to sell so that I can boot up my laptop again. Please reply either way to chris.c@talk21.com .

Many thanks for your help Chris

U have an Email :)