LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help overclocking (Total Newbie)

Kestol

Hey everybody,

I decided to do a little bit of overclocking on my nVidia GeForce Go 7400 (128 mb) ...

My goal is a increase of FPS in the game Team Fortress 2 by approximatly 10%...

But on the other hand i dont want my laptop to get damaged...

So i hope some people could tell me what to do??? And how to overclock it a little so it's still in the safe zone but there is a noticable increase (little)

As said i'm a total newbie...

So here is my current driver:

nVIDIA ForceWare X 174.93 for Windows XP/2K 32bit

And my comp:

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/?m=...sn=103136450326

As said i'm a total newbie to overclocking.. :)

welcome to the right site, you´ll become kind of a master in overckloking and related tweaks in no time!!! Going through the forum topics you´ll find some tips for your questions for sure, and before you know it you´re tweaking like you can´t believe!!! It happend to me !! I´ve been playing games for less than a year, and it´s very easy for us newbies, all the work it´s pretty much done!!! THANKS FOR ALL THE PROS WHO KEEP ALL SHOW GOING!!!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!! CHEERS!!

Get the RivaTuner from my signature. Install, run it. Click the triangle button in the ForceWare detected area, next System settings. You'll see 3 sliders. Those adjust frequencies of your GPU. Increase them step-by-step, slowly (10-20MHz), and run a benchmark or a very demanding game and test for a few minutes if it's stable. If it hangs up or you'll see any graphic artifacts, you should revert to the previous setting. Also, download GPU-Z and monitor your temperatures. GPU temperature generally shouldn't go over 90 Celsius degrees, but it can withstand even 30 degrees more without any harm.

Thx for the answer.. I'll give it s shot

Just another quick question..

Can I set i to default again? Without remembering what i have changed?

Just another quick question..

If u dont save your changes as profile then each restart of your computer reset everything to default...

I think there is also a button for back to default setting...

Anyway are 3 numbers only try remember them ^^

Yes, just click "Defaults" and everything will be reverted to the original setting.