LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Have a dell xps 1530M problem

starkiz

I recently purchased a Dell XPS 1530M, i recieved it like 3 wks ago. I try playing games this is a very low quality game doesnt require much effort and while i play the screen gets very heavy and mouse gets very heavy to move as well. And just to test out how good this system is i downloaded Halo and have been playin it it does the same exact thing but at times during game i see a usb symbol with a red X. I have called Tech support Dell so many times and no one seems to have fixed my problem. Any help??

I have 256MB NVIDIA 8600M GT, 4GB, 32BIT, Intel Core Tm 2 Duo , T 8100 @ 2.10GHz

im assumming by heavy you mean theres a lag...?

yea try updating chipset drivers, mouse drivers, and maybe disabling powermizer. all i can think of.

define screen gets heavy and mouse gets heavy, try updating your chipset drivers, I would assume you have intel ones

Gets very laggy and hard to move mouse as if usb is skipping. I had updated bios and nvidia files and then nothing worked with tech then he made me factory restore back to settings and still doesnt work. I dont know what kinda chip drivers i need

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=21147

try those chipset drivers.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....21309&st=20

try disabling powermizer.

and finally update any mouse drivers/software you use.

and what video drivers do you use??

Edited by coolcop06

Chipset

Detected Chipset:

Intel® GM965 Express Chipset

Chipset Components

Memory Controller:

82GM965

I/O Controller:

Intel® 82801HBM/HEM I/O controller hub (ICH8M) SATA Controller found in AHCI mode

Integrated Graphics:

Intel® 965GM Graphics And Memory Controller Hub(GMCH)

Edited by starkiz

did you try what i suggested above?

did it work?

It only fixed the halo game but not the old 2d game mouse laggs so bad and screen too

okay so you updated the chipset successfully?

and disabled powermizer by following ALL the steps i gave in that post?

if so i dont know what else you can do...

while i play the screen gets very heavy and mouse gets very heavy to move as well.
at times during game i see a usb symbol with a red X.

I've encountered exactly the same problem on my older comp with XP. Besides from laggy performance it also prevented my USB 2.0 devices to work, while all the 1.1 things were fine. I solved it installing SP1 and DX9.0c.